Remote Starter For Rx300

LexKid630

Every fall i talk about getting remote starters put in the cars but for some reason the idea never seems to get executed. My daughter insists we put one in the Rx300 since she's going away to school and the cold winters here are a killer.

I researched the forum and have found controversial opinions about remote starter brands and places to have it done. As of today, what is the best way to go?

I have heard the name "Audiovox" which seems to be a No-No

Also, clifford or viper?

I just want a simple remote where i can press a button and the car turns on. When i want to enter the car, i want to be able to press the unlock button on the Lexus remote that will unlock the doors normally, get in, put the key in and drive off.

some have mentioned that the only way to unlock the doors with a remote start is to turn the car off first?? how can i achieve the situation above?

Opinions and suggestions please! Thanks

• 3 months later...

Every fall i talk about getting remote starters put in the cars but for some reason the idea never seems to get executed. My daughter insists we put one in the Rx300 since she's going away to school and the cold winters here are a killer.

I researched the forum and have found controversial opinions about remote starter brands and places to have it done. As of today, what is the best way to go?

I have heard the name "Audiovox" which seems to be a No-No

Also, clifford or viper?

I just want a simple remote where i can press a button and the car turns on. When i want to enter the car, i want to be able to press the unlock button on the Lexus remote that will unlock the doors normally, get in, put the key in and drive off.

some have mentioned that the only way to unlock the doors with a remote start is to turn the car off first?? how can i achieve the situation above?

Opinions and suggestions please! Thanks

you will not be able to use the factory remote after the car is started, the car shuts down the system that controls door locks.

i install them all day long and use an aftermarket unit and never had complaints