Brakes And Rotors

I have approx 32K kms on my 2007 RX350 and recently brought it in for service (mostly city driving)...however, to my surprise, i was informed that Lexus service recommends replacing the front brake pads and rotors....can someone tell me whether replacing brakes and rotors after 32K kms is common for Lexus vehicles..

I have approx 32K kms on my 2007 RX350 and recently brought it in for service (mostly city driving)...however, to my surprise, i was informed that Lexus service recommends replacing the front brake pads and rotors....can someone tell me whether replacing brakes and rotors after 32K kms is common for Lexus vehicles..

That's only 20K miles! No way! I have 22K on my '07 RX350 with zero problems. If I was getting close, I'm sure my dealer would have been more than happy to point it out.

If it were me and if you're not having any trouble, I'd high-tail it out of that dealership fast. Like so many dealers, they want to prey on the uninformed. I have taken my Lexus to a couple of Toyota dealers for regular maintenance - same parts, less money, not-so-over-the-top wash and detail. I'm also looking for reasonable independents, probably with a AAA logo out front, since I have questions about why the last Toyota dealer recommended a cabin filter and showed me a crapped-up filter probably from some Highlander that hadn't been serviced "ever", making like it was from my car. (Mine was changed 5000 miles earlier.)

I'm also looking for reasonable independents, probably with a AAA logo out front, since I have questions about why the last Toyota dealer recommended a cabin filter and showed me a crapped-up filter probably from some Highlander that hadn't been serviced "ever", making like it was from my car. (Mine was changed 5000 miles earlier.)

Sounds like you need to find the right (and honest) Toyota dealership, because they're not all like that. I also take my RX 350 to a local Totota dealership, and have had nothing but excellent service. Typically the service I receive from Toyota is about half the price of what Lexus would charge for the exact same service and parts.

Sounds like you need to find the right (and honest) Toyota dealership, because they're not all like that. I also take my RX 350 to a local Toyota dealership, and have had nothing but excellent service. Typically the service I receive from Toyota is about half the price of what Lexus would charge for the exact same service and parts.

Yeah, I based my decision on driving distance, a very bad thing to do. I know of a better Toyota dealer who has not been linked to certain "questionable" practices in the sales area (and now the service area as far as I'm concerned). Next time. But I will miss the quality of the coffee and the "free" brilliant detailing job at the Lexus dealer. Not!

I would be able to understand needing pads, but not rotors. And if so, you should be referring to the dealer for warrentee repair then as there must be some defect of some kind that caused the premature wear.

:o :o :o I am on my 10 lexus vehical and have run 80K on them each and have never replaced a brake pad or rotor. years ago when I was in the car business we would see this a few times and we took the customer out and let them drive and every time they were what we called LEFT FOOTED BRAKEMAN!!! Right foot on throttle and left foot riding the brake pedel. Just learn how to drive and don't blame the car lol. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:o :o :o I am on my 10 lexus vehical and have run 80K on them each and have never replaced a brake pad or rotor. years ago when I was in the car business we would see this a few times and we took the customer out and let them drive and every time they were what we called LEFT FOOTED BRAKEMAN!!! Right foot on throttle and left foot riding the brake pedel. Just learn how to drive and don't blame the car lol. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i was told last oil change (@24000km) that one of my front rotors did "not look great" - if anything goes on those brakes goes before 45,000km - the stealership better fix it! the stock pads and rotors on my old 04 maxima were defective junk. Always warping. They did not want to redo them for free after 60,000km (was on my 3rd set...). Put on Raybestos first line stuff after that and never had another problem.

I generally use higher end first line aftermarket brakes on my cars - raybestos to make makes the best first line rotors and pads for street use. never had a problem with those. (been using them for years). They are whats going on my RX350 after the stock ones wear away.