Post Ur 18" Wheels

WhiteIS300

Hey guys just wanted to know what tire size should I go with if I get 18's. And what is the stock size on the 2001 IS? THankz! Post pics if you have 18's on your ride. If I lowered the car 1 inch would 17's look small compare to 18's?

Hey Smooth thankx for the welcome. So wusup with this site I dont really see it active here. I mean im part of 2 Subaru clubs and man its so active on there like an Ant Hill. Anyways I saw you reply to alot of peoples post and I like what you say to them with whatever they have questions with. Saw a pic of your car nice! How much WHP you pushing? Im almost done paying my Subie off and I already found alot of IS300's and im really excited to get it! Check this thread out its about someone asking if its better to get Manual Vs Auto. I replied last nite see what I said. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry315042

Anyways are there any other clubs online that are pretty could and have alot of info and is active actually has people posting everyday!

So wusup with this site I dont really see it active here. I mean im part of 2 Subaru clubs and man its so active on there like an Ant Hill.

You might want to try MY.IS.com. It stays really busy there. They only focus on the IS model. Whereas here stays busy, but it covers all the models. So if your going from the GS forums and the LS and ES forums, then it really is pretty busy here. The General Discussions forum and the Detailing forums are allways busy. During the summer it does slow down a bit. But, we tend to have a more mature crowd here. I'm really over "Yo dog, those rims are mad-sick bro!" So I like it here.

Anyways I saw you reply to alot of peoples post and I like what you say to them with whatever they have questions with. Saw a pic of your car nice! How much WHP you pushing?

Thanks for the props. I have alot of fun. :) My car is in about a million pieces right now. I have some family issues that I have had to attend to for awhile, so the work has stopped temporarily until I get thru this time with my family.

A Subi huh? The Boxer motor has been a great motor. But the Lexus IS is way more refined. So you have owned 2 IS 300's before? Or did I read that wrong?

I'm pretty sure they all came with Xenon headlights. I think the few that don't have them were changed or switched to Halogen bulbs by the owner.

So do you have one lined up yet or are you just starting the search?

No I never owned a Lexus before. And yea Im just researching, but once im done paying the Subie im going to sell it right away. But this saturday im gonna go to a dealer and have a talk about numbers and how much I can get the IS for. Right now I work for a Ford dealership so I get employee discount since I work in the car business. Yea its gonna be hard letting go of the Subie really fun car and in winter it kicks azz! But anyways I wanted to know if I get 18's what tire size do I go with? I was thinking 215/18/35 and Im gonna lower the car 1 inch. Do you think that the tires might rub? Or should I stay with 17's get like 17x8?

If your only changing the rim size, the outside of the tire will stay the same if you just change the aspect ratio. Are you lookng to stagger your rims or maintain the same size all around? 18's are fine. Looks good. I think that is really the best size for this car. 18x8 to 18x8.5's and your fine, even with the 1 inch drop. Are you just changing the springs or are you going with full coilovers?

You work at a Ford dealership huh? Cool! What do you do there specifically?

Yea im staying same size all around 18's no staggered at first I wanted to but changed my mine. I might be getting 5 spoke or 6 spoke wheels. Yea im getting Tanabe springs and KYB Struts. Do I need camber kit if I lower the car 1inch?

You will probably need to correct the camber, but no, you shouldn't need a camber kit. Unless you want to be able to adjust it and change it regularly. I'v efound that if your going from track to track, a camber kit is awsome to have, but for the street, it's just a PIA.

• 2 weeks later...

Man those rims look great! Very nice! I would paint the calipers black and put red lettering on them. That would be really nice. I think you may have an issue with painting the calipers red if they don't match the red on the rims. Or polish the calipers to a chrome like finish, black letters and clear coat it. That would be really nice also.

Man those rims look great! Very nice! I would paint the calipers black and put red lettering on them. That would be really nice. I think you may have an issue with painting the calipers red if they don't match the red on the rims. Or polish the calipers to a chrome like finish, black letters and clear coat it. That would be really nice also.

THANKS! I really want to do red with white letters but I was thinkin the same thing about the reds matching or coming close. The black option sounds ok too. I might do TRD stickers if I cant find some Altezza ones..