Top Rx 400h Owner Annoyances

I posted something yesterday that was not meant to offend anyone. I was just irritated by the fact that so many times I come to this forum for advice, or help and have to see that people are just so unhappy and spew venom towards a car that I think is amazing. That's why I bought it! Anyway, I would like to be welcomed back if it's OK with my fellow Lexers...the happy ones. The rest of those that see life as a negative, an amazing car as the object of their frustrations or lack of ability to just get something else...well, I wish them well also and hopefully they can get their perfect car and at last be happy in life. I must go be with loved ones now, watch children play, hug my family and give thanks for my life. Warmly, Rey Bustos in L.A.

post-26996-1213540065_thumb.jpg

I posted something yesterday that was not meant to offend anyone. I was just irritated by the fact that so many times I come to this forum for advice, or help and have to see that people are just so unhappy and spew venom towards a car that I think is amazing. That's why I bought it! Anyway, I would like to be welcomed back if it's OK with my fellow Lexers...the happy ones. The rest of those that see life as a negative, an amazing car as the object of their frustrations or lack of ability to just get something else...well, I wish them well also and hopefully they can get their perfect car and at last be happy in life. I must go be with loved ones now, watch children play, hug my family and give thanks for my life. Warmly, Rey Bustos in L.A.

RXREY, You never left in my eyes, Your always welcome here. We all have those days.

RXREY, You never left in my eyes, Your always welcome here. We all have those days.

Thanks, it's a pleasure. I want to post pictures and my thoughts after having my Toyo Proxes S/Ts (255/55/18"), for over a year and 12K miles. It will be a great report on them, they are amazing tires.

Reyjavou!

Glad you're back Rey! Like you, I see no benefit in whining and am here to seek help with issues that effect my enjoyment of the 400h. I installed XM, replaced the OEM tires, and learned some NAV tricks all based on the cordial help from memebers on this forum. I've also tried to help in areas that I know about, namely snow tires and "real world" use of the 400h in heavy snow. Some just want to complain even after hearing that dedicated snow tires are mandatory in snowy areas. That's their issue-not mine. We all appreciate your positive attitude. Looking forward to future posts Rey!

Glad you're back Rey! Like you, I see no benefit in whining and am here to seek help with issues that effect my enjoyment of the 400h. I installed XM, replaced the OEM tires, and learned some NAV tricks all based on the cordial help from memebers on this forum. I've also tried to help in areas that I know about, namely snow tires and "real world" use of the 400h in heavy snow. Some just want to complain even after hearing that dedicated snow tires are mandatory in snowy areas. That's their issue-not mine. We all appreciate your positive attitude. Looking forward to future posts Rey!

Thanks, I feel so much better about everything now...the air seems fresher, jacaranda trees seem more lavender...the world is OK again! OK, I can be a bit facetious but I do mean it...I am glad to have met you through this interesting new medium and I have even been corresponding through regular emails with a couple of you...so thanks to all of you for the "welcome back" even though I really never got a chance to actually leave! How can I miss you if you never go away? Thanks to all and lets continue to help each other out and even if our NAV system isn't the best, I wouldn't know, we can "Nav" our way through our differences. BTW, I have never been good at getting around and I've never had a NAV system so I feel blessed to have mine. It's all relative and I generally live a grateful life and count my blessings every day rather than the downfalls of a 50K car! It's so weird to me...I guess having not had much most of my life, I am simply a happy and grateful person. Many warm wishes, Rey

post-26996-1213759487_thumb.jpg

Thanks, it's a pleasure. I want to post pictures and my thoughts after having my Toyo Proxes S/Ts (255/55/18"), for over a year and 12K miles. It will be a great report on them, they are amazing tires.

Reyjavou!

I actually like my Pirelli Scorpion Snow & Ice tires (255/55/18) better than the Toyo Proxes 4 (255/45/20) that I stuck on my SUV, the Pirellis are taller and inhibit less body roll, they are also wider and meatier which might help my case. although i think the toyos are stiffer they don't ride any harsher than the pirellis... love the pirellis for the money!! great value! ill post up pics of my rims soon as I get some time to clean her up and take some pics!

Reyjavou!

I actually like my Pirelli Scorpion Snow & Ice tires (255/55/18) better than the Toyo Proxes 4 (255/45/20) that I stuck on my SUV, the Pirellis are taller and inhibit less body roll, they are also wider and meatier which might help my case. although i think the toyos are stiffer they don't ride any harsher than the pirellis... love the pirellis for the money!! great value! ill post up pics of my rims soon as I get some time to clean her up and take some pics!

Thanks for the comparison. I also have that size. My Toyo Proxes S/Ts are 255/55/18" so I'm wondering how the same sized tires, the two different brands, would compare? I have never had the Scorpions, or any Pirelli tires, so I wouldn't know. I have been really happy with these for the past 14 months/12K miles. They still look new, are smoother and corner so much better than the GY OEMs...(of course,those were just TERRIBLE so anything would compare more favorably!), anyway, I live in sunny L.A. so I never have weather issues. I really like the look of the Toyos..yes, it was a superficial attraction! Anyway, I love seeing what you do with your car and we all learn so much from you, I know that I do! take care, Rey

post-26996-1213917272_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

I am at 30 K and the Michelin Energy MXV4 are almost toast. I have heard good things about the Michelin Latitude HP and was going with the 255/55-18 104H, which is designed for the ACURA MDX. I like the look of the TOYO so was considering that too, but they are just a bit larger in overall diameter than the Latitude. Has anyone tried the Latitude HP? Nothing but sunshine in AZ so ride quality is my number one concern.

Also Rey, where did you get the front spoiler and how much was it? It makes the front end look more solid, I like it.

Don