Approval For Is350

:huh: Hi all! I'm in need of a spanking brand new Lexus IS350 fully loaded :D and wanted to know what my credit score should be in order to get approved? .. Or what kind of scores does Lexus approve? What score did you get approved with? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

I think 720 is the magic number. I didn't finance anything when I bought mine, but I am in the biz and that is a good number. At 760 or higher, your signature is pretty much gold.

Agreed... 777 here, and they were doing everything they could to make sure that I drove out in a new Lexus! Keep in mind though that it depends on whether you are intending to purchase or lease. Generally, you have to have a higher score to lease than to buy, and it will make a difference as to how much you have to put down to get a decent payment. Also, you can't really rely on your score as you get it from the big three, (Experian, TRW, Equifax), because they calculate a bit differently at the dealer. (To their benefit, of course). My report from the big three showed my score at 830, but only 777 from the dealers report.

You can get approved for captive dealer financing with scores well into the lower 600s. 700+ gets you top rates. The financing is a vehicle to sell the cars, if you have a job and aren't in bankruptcy they'll get the financing approved because they want to sell the cars. Think about it, Lexus will finance a car for 84 months. Thats a bad investment for the bank in terms of a loan because the car will be upside down for years. They do it because Lexus financial services exists to move cars.

Now, outside banks are a different story...