Lowering Kit

I dont know anything about lowering springs but would like to get some for my 03 gs300. I am going to be getting some 18x7.5 rims and want to "close the gap" a little bit. Any recommendations on which ones to buy, maybe a low, med, and high quality options with pros/cons on each? Also, how hard are they to install?

Thanks

a lowering spring is just a spring that sits on the stock or aftermarket shock! a coilover is the shock/spring all built into one package! better ride quality and easier to align/lower i presume! dunno not really sure how to describe a coilover.......

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

a million different places........depends on brands.......gonna have to do some research and leg work on this one! ebay, a reputable shop, online,,,,,,,,,,,

hks/ohlins/cusco/tein/jic magic/toms/apexi/c-one/sessions/tanabe/TRD alot of people make good coilovers for this car! just depends on your application (what u would be using them for and what u wanna do with them) and how much you wanna spend......i think the ohlins setup is like $10,000-12,000 with the remote resevoirs!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

I dont know anything about lowering springs but would like to get some for my 03 gs300. I am going to be getting some 18x7.5 rims and want to "close the gap" a little bit. Any recommendations on which ones to buy, maybe a low, med, and high quality options with pros/cons on each? Also, how hard are they to install?

Thanks

If you don't want to spend too much and just want to lower about an inch while maintaining a somewhat stock ride, Tannabe has NF210 springs that you can pair up with a pair of KYB GR2 shocks. Coilovers are great but not at all cheap. Expect to spent about $600 at least if you're looking for a new set of springs and shocks without installation. you can check ebay, ltunedparts and other sites for prices, just google it.

yeah but for about 600 more you can get a great ride on a DECENT set of coil overs...... i mean my suspension is the most important thing at least to me, so i don't mind spending a little extra here! ltuned is too expensive if your looking for something like that, hell they really to expensive or highly marked than most people! if you go on ebay just make sure your buying the real deal, i have been a ebay member since sept 11th 2000 and have no problem but i check up on the people selling stuff and see how they interact with older transactions. i'll pay a few extra sometimes but the comfort is worth it! google is a great way to go if u know what u looking for, just dont be afraid to shop around

brian

yeah but for about 600 more you can get a great ride on a DECENT set of coil overs...... i mean my suspension is the most important thing at least to me, so i don't mind spending a little extra here! ltuned is too expensive if your looking for something like that, hell they really to expensive or highly marked than most people! if you go on ebay just make sure your buying the real deal, i have been a ebay member since sept 11th 2000 and have no problem but i check up on the people selling stuff and see how they interact with older transactions. i'll pay a few extra sometimes but the comfort is worth it! google is a great way to go if u know what u looking for, just dont be afraid to shop around

brian

Yep coilovers would definitely be the premium way to go... sways, tom's 6 link setup, and poly bushings also help stable things out.

its funny l-tuned parts website has the "whole" toms suspension in it if u buy it as a package but its funny if u buy it as a package it doesnt come with the lca or something u would think it would as they offer it separately and its not a bad price. i think it was like 5k BUT if u think bout it..........sorry it bugged me so i went to the site to look......

heres a example rwhimmers.....

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=449

Tom's Racing complete Advox suspension and brace kit

comes with......

toms gs front lower sport brace (396)

toms gs rear lower sport brace (363)

Tom's GS Rear Lower Suspension 6-link (319)

Tom's GS Rear Upper STB (209)

Tom's GS Upper STB (264)

it doesnt say which coilovers u get but when i added up the price it has to be these....

Advox "Comfort Series" Type Coilovers (3630)

so if u pieced it together piece by piece it would cost u $5181.00 so its not a bad kit compared to the 4840 they offering it for (if u like toms and if u r n the know u should) anyways only thing it doesnt come with are the

Tom's GS Rear Suspension Plates (220)

Tom's GS Rear Upper Suspension Arm Brackets (214.50)

now im sure if u did some research and looking you could piece the kit together for like 3500 or so! but who knows.

brian