Lx470 Total Electrical Failure

NicLX470

Ok I have a 98 LX470 that has been doing something strange lately now more times than ever. I will go to get in, press the unlock button, beeps twice as it should....I get it, put in the key, steering wheel comes to life as it should. THEN I turn the key to start and the starter clicks once, then EVERYTHING dies. I mean, literally, no lights no anything, you cannot even unlcok or lock the doors. So I think the battery might be loose so I open then hood and the connections are TIGHT TIGHT, I cannot even get them to move when I wiggle them. So I hit the top of each battery connection with the ignition key and things start working again. This to me is strange. New battery and new starter about a year ago. And if the battery was coming disconnected why would it let me unlock the truck and then go to start before it would stop working. Too much of a coincidence for it to happen at the exact moment I turn the key. It used to be once or twice a month now it is like, 3 times a week. Could it be the key or the ignition malfunctioning for EVERYTHING to go dead? The clock still will show the right time but the antenna will remain in the lowest position each time this happens and you have to press the button to raise it all the way up. Please help! I look like a !Removed! in parking lots trying to ket my truck to start!!

The battery has a failed connection internally .

When the starter goes to crank it overheats and no longer sends power .

New battery is needed.

Wow really? I hope that is it! I will try it, if anyone else has any suggestions let me know! :o

Or could be just a loose battery terminal. Try twisting the terminal if it turns then it's loose, that will also cause intermitent starting. Plus check to see if it isn't full of acid corrosion that can cause a bad connection too.

Or could be just a loose battery terminal. Try twisting the terminal if it turns then it's loose, that will also cause intermitent starting. Plus check to see if it isn't full of acid corrosion that can cause a bad connection too.

Yeah the other day when it acted up I made sure they were clean and I tightened the terminal connections as tight as I could get them. Now I am just worried that when I try a new battery later this week I won't be able to get them off!!

Could also be a bad ground. Usually when weird stuff happens like all lights flash off suddenly, then on, it's a bad ground somewhere. Get a quality AGM battery. I got a Odyssey pc1700mjt used by law enforcement.