Check Vsc With Less Then 200miles...

Hello all.

I got a check VSC message on the dash this morning when i started up. The car seems to be running fine, i tried restarting but same thing pops up. It has less then 200 miles on it. I am going to see if it comes up when i go to lunch today if it does looks like ill be calling the dealer. Anyone know exactly what the error means?

I've seen threads about people getting it after filling up and not tighting the gas cap, but i havent filled the thing up yet its still on the dealer fill up. Thanks

I've seen threads about people getting it after filling up and not tighting the gas cap, but i havent filled the thing up yet its still on the dealer fill up. Thanks

That's the check engine light due to the fuel vapor recovery system. VSC malfunction is something different. Time to visit your friendly neighbourhood Lexus dealer.

***UPDATE***

Just went into the dealer this morning to drop the car off so they can look at the VSC error and install my sirius receiver.

I was watching the guy type the stuff into his computer and i saw the sirius came up as $0.00 since they are doing it at no charge (parts and labor). When he put the next line item (which i assume is for the VSC) i saw it come up to 89.95. Should i have to pay this on a car that isnt even a week old? He didnt mention anything about payment to me, but i would like to be prepared for when i go in there tomorrow.

On another note they were out of loaners at the dealer, so they called enterprise and i got a Kia Rondo... :(