Biggest Snow Tire On Stock 15"?

Most tire manufacturers run a chart that lists acceptable rim widths (in inches) for each given section width (in mm). I'm pretty sure the stock 15's are 6" wide, so check to see what the max section width alloweable for a 6" wide rim. Then try to find an aspect ratio that keeps the outside diameter as close to the stock 205/65-15 as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Go with the narrowest tire size that will fit the width of your rim. I recently traded a 97 Subaru Outback Wagon that ran stock sized 205/70/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks. That setup with the all wheel drive was absolutely amazing! There was simply no white-knuckled driving in any road conditions other than whiteouts. In 02 I bought a new Subaru Outback Wagon with a stock tire size of 225/60/16, and again put on Bridgestone Blizzaks for winter. BIG mistake! I should have put on the narrowest tire size that would fit the stock rims, because in slush the wider tire size aquaplaned and pushed the front end all over the place, at the same speeds that the old car was able to cope with. To prove my point, check out Speed Channel WRC ralleye races and look at the skinny, and I mean skinny tires, that those ralleye cars race on when in the snow. They're studded tires, but boy are they skinny!