Problem Update- P0325

Andrewsreef

I took my LX450 back to my cousin's tranny shop and the error code from the check engine light is PO325 which according to Alldata is a #1knock sensor. This retards the timing as I understad it. If this is going out, it could be causing my "surging". My cousin is convinced the proplem I am having is not tranny related but engine.

Anyone know about this sensor?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew,

In the Alldata system, if you look up the code PO325, it leads you to the test procedure and description for the knock sensor. There's one in front and one in the back on the left side of the engine block. It detects engine's knocks and retards the timing. In the trouble shooting chart, one possible cause is loose connection.

If you want to look for the knock sensor, go to Powertrain Management section, the Computers and Control Systems, then Knock Sensor.

Well, at least it's not the transmission which can cost a lot.

Thi

Thanks Thi. I checked out Alldata and found the part number. I found it and checked the connection. It appears to be fine. I called the dealer to see what this little bugger costs. $166 and it looks like a bolt!!!

I am going to run the car by my Mechanic who owes me big time for spending big $ with him and not even noticing the problem. I hope they can check it for me so I do not waste any more $.

Thanks again.

Andrew