Uk Offering...

What's so special??

The SR has a full body kit including front and rear bumpers, side skirts and a spoiler [GROUND EFFECTS KITS ARE AVAIL IN THE US] , plus 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels [WHICH ARE ACTUALLY THE IS250AWD WHEELS--THE PIX IN THIS POST IS NOT THE CORRECT PIX] to distinguish it from the base [16 IN--NOT AVAIL IN US] model. For an additional charge, 18-inch Tsuki wheels are available.

Under the hood is a 204-horsepower 2.5-liter V6, which has the SR running an 8.1-second 0-60-mph time and a top speed of 140 mph [NO DIFFERENT THAN US IS250].

Inside are all the expected Lexus luxuries including heated front seats [uNLESS YOU GET THE BASE IS, YOU GET HEATED AND VENTED SEATS] , climate control, cruise control, smart keyless entry and engine start and 10 airbags. There's also something called "sequenced LED interior lighting." [ALL OF THIS IS STD IN US MODELS]

The IS 250 SR goes on sale May 19. The price in the U.K. is the equivalent of U.S. $49,020 for the version with a manual transmission, $50,609 for the automatic. [WHAT?!]

Is it coming our way? U.S. Lexus spokesman Greg Thome issued the response, "We don't have any plans for something called an SR."

post-42866-1210765325_thumb.jpg

The SR has a full body kit including front and rear bumpers, side skirts and a spoiler, plus 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels to distinguish it from the base model. For an additional charge, 18-inch Tsuki wheels are available.

Under the hood is a 204-horsepower 2.5-liter V6, which has the SR running an 8.1-second 0-60-mph time and a top speed of 140 mph.

Inside are all the expected Lexus luxuries including heated front seats, climate control, cruise control, smart keyless entry and engine start and 10 airbags. There's also something called "sequenced LED interior lighting."

The IS 250 SR goes on sale May 19. The price in the U.K. is the equivalent of U.S. $49,020 for the version with a manual transmission, $50,609 for the automatic.

Is it coming our way? U.S. Lexus spokesman Greg Thome issued the response, "We don't have any plans for something called an SR."

Well, I guess considering they don't have the IS 350, they have to do something right? How much are they asking for the ISF in the UK?

The SR has a full body kit including front and rear bumpers, side skirts and a spoiler, plus 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels to distinguish it from the base model. For an additional charge, 18-inch Tsuki wheels are available.

Under the hood is a 204-horsepower 2.5-liter V6, which has the SR running an 8.1-second 0-60-mph time and a top speed of 140 mph.

Inside are all the expected Lexus luxuries including heated front seats, climate control, cruise control, smart keyless entry and engine start and 10 airbags. There's also something called "sequenced LED interior lighting."

The IS 250 SR goes on sale May 19. The price in the U.K. is the equivalent of U.S. $49,020 for the version with a manual transmission, $50,609 for the automatic.

Are you saying that Canadian IS's don't have these features normally? Other than the ground effects kit, which can be installed in the US at port, and MT, my IS250 AWD comes with all these features standard (including the same 17" wheels). Which is why I assume it's not coming Stateside.

I have no clue how they come in the uk , i only copied the link.

Hi guys, I'm a Brit in the UK, but frequent visitor to Houston and I can tell you that it's the UK that get shafted...the car manufacturers don't call it "Treasure Island" without due cause :angry: .

It looks like the 'SR' is just an option that's available with the GFX bodykit, as everything else mentioned in the article is available here already, and the 204 bhp is stock for the gas powered models (the 220D oil burner has a slightly lower output).

For your information I paid the equivalent of $66,000 for my full spec IS250 and then purchased the GFX kit (SMG) from Westside Lexus in Houston and hand carried it back to the UK...for the reason that the GFX kit was not then available in the UK. It is now, but only in primer coat so you pay a fortune for the parts and then have to pay extra to get them painted :( .

...and to answer the last question, the price of the IS-F in the UK is the equivalent of $103,000 :censored:

believe me I prefer to be a petrolhead (gearhead) in the USA :lol:

I have no clue how they come in the uk , i only copied the link.

Hi guys, I'm a Brit in the UK, but frequent visitor to Houston and I can tell you that it's the UK that get shafted...the car manufacturers don't call it "Treasure Island" without due cause :angry: .

It looks like the 'SR' is just an option that's available with the GFX bodykit, as everything else mentioned in the article is available here already, and the 204 bhp is stock for the gas powered models (the 220D oil burner has a slightly lower output).

For your information I paid the equivalent of $66,000 for my full spec IS250 and then purchased the GFX kit (SMG) from Westside Lexus in Houston and hand carried it back to the UK...for the reason that the GFX kit was not then available in the UK. It is now, but only in primer coat so you pay a fortune for the parts and then have to pay extra to get them painted :( .

...and to answer the last question, the price of the IS-F in the UK is the equivalent of $103,000 :censored:

believe me I prefer to be a petrolhead (gearhead) in the USA :lol:

:o 66K for a IS250? and 100K for an ISF? That's insane!! Not to rub it in, but I just started liking my IS 350 even more now! ;)

:o 66K for a IS250? and 100K for an ISF? That's insane!! Not to rub it in, but I just started liking my IS 350 even more now! ;)

I can relate! It wasn't until after I posted that I realized just how little difference there is between the car in the article, and the IS I already own, aside from the REDICULOUS price!