New 20" Wheels For My 400h

...20" Status alloy wheels. I went with the Toyo Proxes S/T in a 255/45R20. Not much change in the ride. I can feel the road a little more but it's not bad. It handles a little better as well. I think the vehicle needs to be lowered a bit. I was told that Eibach offers an SUV kit that will give me 1.2" front and rear. Looking into prices for that right now.

The calipers clear by about 1/4". I think the new setup is about 1/2" higher than the stock wheels and tires. I'm going to have my speedometer recalibrated to compensate for any changes. It may be minimal, but I still want accurate mileage readings.

-1-1.jpg

-3.jpg

-2.jpg

Good for you! I love my Proxes. I have Proxes S/T 255/55 18 and I actually think that the on board MPG calculator is now more accurate than with the OEM tires. I still calculate it myself and multiply my total miles by .03, which ends up being about 12miles per fill up. I used the tire calculator on line to get the .03. It's actually closer to .035 but I still get around 26MPG. Anyway, I have had the Toyos for over a year and they don't even show any sign of wear that I can notice. They are the best tires that I have ever had. The bad thing about TIRE RACK in this case is that they don't have them rated for the RX400h or they would be at the top, I am sure of it. Anyway, the tires and wheels look great and keep us posted on the lowering. I might do that next year. Rey

post-26996-1210342549_thumb.jpg

looking sharp! where did you get those wheels? i'd love to put them on my rx in black/black tails, you should tint out your tails it would look sick combined with your black wheels.

looking sharp! where did you get those wheels? i'd love to put them on my rx in black/black tails, you should tint out your tails it would look sick combined with your black wheels.

Thanks guys. The wheels are from Status wheels (statuswheels.com). Tinted tails would look great. I"m also thinking about some black-chrome emblems to match.

The Eibach lowering kit I mentioned will not work with the RX so I'm back to square one with that.

I could always just load up a bunch sandbags in the rear and in the engine compartment. That might bring it down a few inches! :lol:

just a quick question, what did you do about the TPMS? did you use your factory ones or but new one? who initialized them for you? can you switch tire sets or do you have to reprogram the TPMS every time you switch from one set to another?

just a quick question, what did you do about the TPMS? did you use your factory ones or but new one? who initialized them for you? can you switch tire sets or do you have to reprogram the TPMS every time you switch from one set to another?

I just kept the factory setup. As far as I know they don't have to be reset or initialized. I have an appointment on Friday for my 5000 mile service and my speedometer recalibration. I'll ask about the TPMS.

I just kept the factory setup. As far as I know they don't have to be reset or initialized. I have an appointment on Friday for my 5000 mile service and my speedometer recalibration. I'll ask about the TPMS.

interesting, i was either going to order a set of TPMS sensors from the www.eastcoasttire.com or get ones from a lexus dealer in dallas. ($127) a piece brand new. Since im going to use my stock rims for the winter i would want to invest in another set of TPMS sensors for my new rims. BTW im looking at either the Helo 834(black) or the Devino Flawless in black.. any other input you think I should consider? whats the offset of your wheels by the way? any handling difference on 20's compared to the stock 18s?

There's a switch under the glove box that allows you to change between two sets of tires/wheels/sensors without resetting anything.

Tom

There's a switch under the glove box that allows you to change between two sets of tires/wheels/sensors without resetting anything.

Tom

wow thanks! i just pulled out my owners manual and found exactly what you mentioned!! sweet that just saved me a ton of trouble. did you ever initialize a second set of wheels? it seems there is a button right under the steering wheel that initializes your new set of wheels if you press it and hold for 3 seconds.

on a side note... i scoured the owners manual for a way to turn off trac... is there any way to defeat it at all? maybe pulling a fuse?