Rumors Of A Forthcoming "lexus Prius"

Comparing the two, for us, one gets an average of 26mpg versus the other that gets 56mpg.

Wow, you and Steve are worlds apart when it comes to your Prius fuel mileage. 56 has GOT to be on the very high end. Most of the Prius owners I spoke to are averaging about 45 MPG. Steve, someone in your household must have a heavy foot!

We get about 35MPG with our Prius in our combined driving, on the highway we get about 42. If you have a highway commute and you're getting 35 in a Yaris...or even a Corolla. With a 40 mile commute one way, thats 80 miles a day, or 400 miles a week. Thats 11 gallons of fuel in a Corolla or Yaris, 10 in a Prius. That one gallon a week, even at $10 a gallon is only a savings of $40 a month, the cost of the Prius vs the other car is going to equal a lot more than that in payment...

Well I have a Lexus 400h and a Prius and somehow I seem to do better than average on both cars. With my Prius I get around 52 to 55 MPG on the highway in the summer months with the AC on and driving 70 MPH, city wise my trips are real short usually 2 or 3 miles max and I only get 40 to 45 MPG city.

As for looks, I like it and as for comfort, yea its no a Lexus 400h, but its not uncomfortable for me either. So much so that we often drive it on vacation trips of up to 400 miles one way. Longer vacation trips we take the Lexus.

I looked at the Yaris and Fit, no way not comparable in my opinion and as for the extra cost of the Prius, just look at the resale value of the Prius and that will only get better as the price of gas continues to rise.

Also to respond to your earlier comment about the Lexus Prius being an ES, well the dealer told me it is supposed to be a new platform for Lexus, not a shared IS or ES but something in between like I said in my last post.

Comparing the two, for us, one gets an average of 26mpg versus the other that gets 56mpg.

Wow, you and Steve are worlds apart when it comes to your Prius fuel mileage. 56 has GOT to be on the very high end. Most of the Prius owners I spoke to are averaging about 45 MPG. Steve, someone in your household must have a heavy foot!

The nice thing is that if your really WANT to, the Prius WILL stretch a gallon much farther than the EPA estimates. But lead feet will take it down too. Here's one of my best tanks. Not to shabby for less than 9.9 gallons.

http://usera.imagecave.com/w4abj/06-12-07mpg.jpg

It really depends on your commute. The reason our mileage in the Prius is so low is that Carla's commute is 2 miles. In the summer she'll get 40, in the winter it gets down to 28-29.

Out on the highway we get mid to high 40s and if I drive it for a few days on all the driving I do in a day we get about that too.

No we don't baby it but we're not lead footers either.

The Prius is a neat vehicle, but I never want to drive it.

Also to respond to your earlier comment about the Lexus Prius being an ES, well the dealer told me it is supposed to be a new platform for Lexus, not a shared IS or ES but something in between like I said in my last post.

We'll see. Dealers don't really have access to upcoming model data any more than you or I do. Knowing Toyota's M.O. I find it hard to believe they'd develop an entirely new platform for the Lexus line just for a hybrid. Much more likely we'd see a hybrid ES.