90,000 Mile Service

gojo

Just had my '99 LS serviced at 90,000. The timing belt was replaced, power steering flushed, transmission fluid changed and A/C evacuated and recharged. The passenger compartment air filter was also replaced. The mechanic saved it to show me. Let's just say I was a little embarrassed by the condition of it. It's never been replaced and looked like it! A lesson well learned. Apparently it is strictly a dealer item. Does anyone know where to get one after market?

So, did I miss anything else besides that filter (yuck)??

I love my LS. It has been a wonderful car over the years. We're getting 24 miles per gallon on average. How can I complain about that? Paying $3.75 a gallon is painful, but the car is great! ;)

Hey Gojo, I'd check ebay. I found an OEM filter last year on there, and I was just looking around and there are even generic ones if that works for you. Good luck!

Thanks for the response. I found a replacement filter at the local Napa dealer for $22.00.

The price is much better than the Lexus dealer and a lot more convenient to home.

Another Tampa person. I'm bracing for the hot and humid summer....good thing I got the A/C ready (LOL).

:)

No problem. Napa has them now? When I was looking for one they told me they didn't carry them. Mine is getting close to changing time again, so I'll have to check them out. Glad to see someone else from our area! Yes, the summer heat and humidity will be upon us soon, although I'm surprised by the fact that the temps here lately have been very early spring-like.

No problem. Napa has them now? When I was looking for one they told me they didn't carry them. Mine is getting close to changing time again, so I'll have to check them out. Glad to see someone else from our area! Yes, the summer heat and humidity will be upon us soon, although I'm surprised by the fact that the temps here lately have been very early spring-like.

Yes, It's been a very seasonable spring. Enjoy it while you still can!

I work at napa and we have filters for every application, and our filters are made by WIX for napa, best filters on the market bar none

Python, Thanks for the info. I've been using the O.E.M. oil filter on my LS. Do you recommend the Napa filter over Toyota?

That could simplify my shopping trips for parts. My mechanic outright recommends WIX filters as well. I have also installed the Napa Ceramix brake pads on my LS with no regrets what so ever. Looks like I may be doing a lot more one-stop-shopping at my local Napa dealer. :cheers:

I work at napa and we have filters for every application, and our filters are made by WIX for napa, best filters on the market bar none

I agree they have filters for most apps, but they are NOT the best on the markert. Based on SAE tests, Amsoil oil /EAA filter blow them away. Hence the higher price.

For me, best is great Cap/Eff standards which NAPA gold/wix is missing. As I stated for years, do a UOA and see the diff.