Auto Detailer Experience

Took the LS430 to a detailer today to have them "attempt" to take out a few of my wife's mistakes, with low expectations, but i was surprised!

They couldn't remove all of the scratches and scuffs, especially the ones that went all the way through to the primer/metal but they removed many of the lighter ones! They took most of the stains out of the interior and got the coffee smell out as well.

They wouldn't give me any of the names of their products, but i took a sneak and noticed they were using a wax called "Collinite insulator wax". All of their products seems to come in the same-looking kind of container, and most of their shines/cleaners are either blue or pink and are sprayed from a plain sprayer like what janitors use to clean the toilets. The guy finishing it off when i arrived said the wax he was using (it was in his hands at the time) is the best wax out there, and costs $40 a bottle?

Has anyone ever heard of this wax before?

Took the LS430 to a detailer today to have them "attempt" to take out a few of my wife's mistakes, with low expectations, but i was surprised!

They couldn't remove all of the scratches and scuffs, especially the ones that went all the way through to the primer/metal but they removed many of the lighter ones! They took most of the stains out of the interior and got the coffee smell out as well.

They wouldn't give me any of the names of their products, but i took a sneak and noticed they were using a wax called "Collinite insulator wax". All of their products seems to come in the same-looking kind of container, and most of their shines/cleaners are either blue or pink and are sprayed from a plain sprayer like what janitors use to clean the toilets. The guy finishing it off when i arrived said the wax he was using (it was in his hands at the time) is the best wax out there, and costs $40 a bottle?

Collinite Insulator Wax, also known as #845 is a favorite amongst professional detailers because of the protection it affords and its durability. It is one of the longest lasting waxes out there. Also, in regards to the containers, many professional detailers if not most, buy their products by the gallon, so they pour their products into plastic dispensers/bottles because it makes it easier to pour out rather than trying to do so out of a gallon. One of my favorite "pink" products is Fk 425, which is a Quick Detailer that adds incredible gloss to the paint. My favorite "blue" liquid is ONR (Optimun No Rinse Wash).

Quote: Collinite Insulator Wax, also known as #845 is a favorite amongst professional detailers because of the protection it affords and its durability. It is one of the longest lasting waxes out there. Also, in regards to the containers, many professional detailers if not most, buy their products by the gallon, so they pour their products into plastic dispensers/bottles because it makes it easier to pour out rather than trying to do so out of a gallon. One of my favorite "pink" products is Fk 425, which is a Quick Detailer that adds incredible gloss to the paint. My favorite "blue" liquid is ONR (Optimun No Rinse Wash).

Detailing by colours - ;)

yea, it is normal wax. Lasts a long time but does not do much for gloss etc. Side not, it was not invented for cars either. $40 for wax is cheap. For me, the best is what things are important to the end user. If I want to get a customer back soon I would use Nattys wax since it does not last. If I will mostly never see the car again (trading in) use a filler and be done. If the customer is a long timer, they get JW stuff and CG5050 and some quickshine when done.

Thanks for the responses guys!

It's been killing me, so i called the detailer's today and finally got the owner to tell me some of his secrets.

He told me that they use 3M rubbing compounds, 3M hand glaze, the Collinite insulator wax (i already knew that :P ), Lane's super blue tire shine (has a significant sweet odor which i like), and Meguiar's shine? (he called it spray wax), and ozium (sp?) to get rid of odors.

Well, he removed the scratches, shined it up, and got the horrible odor out! So it's been proven these products do work if applied properly :) Just in case you guys were wondering what products prove to work!

The wife's on a business trip for the rest of the week, and i'm wondering how the wax is going to hold up with all of the bugs and bird poo on the road.

Collinite is a very long lasting wax. Not a great looking wax...but long lasting.

The magic isn't in the products they used, its that they applied the proper techniques USING the products.