Best Tires For My 2001 Ls430

June

I use 4 snow tires during the winter, here in Boston, on my LS430, (or the car would never stop!) Now I need to have those removed and purchase a new set for the summer/fall. Since I will always use the snow tires during the winter, should I get Summer Tires or All Season? I have been told that summer are best, (since the snows must be used for winter). What experiences have any of you had with Summer Tires? Are they quieter, wear better; and what brand is best?

Thank you!!

Typically 'summer' tires will be more of a performance type & will wear quicker & will have good traction (some have great dry traction, but will lose some of that traction in wet/rainy weather). 'All Season' tires are usually a compromise of all the characteristics (traction, wear, comfort, noise). I use a dedicated set of winter tires (needed here for the Minnesota snow & ice) & then change to my summer tires as soon as possible - winter tires will wear very quickly when used on dry roads & higher temps and they tend to be a bit noisy.

I am very happy with the set of Toyo Versado LX's that I bought last year for use as my summer set. Just last week we had a late spring snow storm & they handled the wet slushy snow very well. That's the problem with changing from winter to summer sets - you never know when the early snow may come in the fall, or when it may hit late in the spring.

I use 4 snow tires during the winter, here in Boston, on my LS430, (or the car would never stop!) Now I need to have those removed and purchase a new set for the summer/fall. Since I will always use the snow tires during the winter, should I get Summer Tires or All Season? I have been told that summer are best, (since the snows must be used for winter). What experiences have any of you had with Summer Tires? Are they quieter, wear better; and what brand is best?

Thank you!!

Your LS430 deserves nothing less than to be shod with the quietest and most comfortably riding tires in the marketplace. For me that has always been "summer only" Bridgestone Turanzas for my '92 LS400.

Thank you!!

Your LS430 deserves nothing less than to be shod with the quietest and most comfortably riding tires in the marketplace. For me that has always been "summer only" Bridgestone Turanzas for my '92 LS400.

Thank you! I am getting prices for Bridgestone Turanza Serenity and Toyo Versado LX. They both have great ratings.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my 2004 LS430 for about two months now and HATE the tires that came with it - Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge. They are by far the loudest thing in my car and communicate every little detail of the road to me. I definitely recommend against them. A quick scan through Discount Tires reviews of them show that it's the most common complaint about these tires.

The Michelin MXV4s are all I recommend and use. My Lexus still has the OE Dunlops, but they'll have a set of MXV4s when the time comes. I also use the Michelins on my '04 S430. They are quiet, have pretty flexible sidewalls for smooth ride, stick pretty good, and wear well. You should get at least 40k out of a set if you rotate them and drive reasonably. They are a bit pricey--Sam's gets $800 for a set.

• 2 weeks later...

I too use snows in the winter - a high performance Dunlop M1 is adequate for Long Island snow (when we get it). Last fall I purchased a set of ultra high performance all seasons form Bridgestone - Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires.. I like them very much. Previously I had a great touring tire; the Bridgestone (again) Turanza LS-V which were also terrifficly quiet and confortable. Both sets have great traction on wet roads but even with Bilsteins the car handles like a crisp LS - not a porsche. I have about 8,000 miles on them and they're better now than when new (to be expected of a high quality tire).