Auto Broker---hm Brown And Associates

JamesW

We are searching for a new 08/09 Lexus RX350 and are seriously thinking of using an auto broker, HM Brown and Associates out of Denver.

Do any members have experience or feedback relative to dealing with brokers, and the HM Brown organization specifically?

Thanks, appreciate your comments on this firm.

-- JP

I found using the Dealer internet salespeople give a better discount than you will get at the showroom. Tell them you are shopping on the internet and ask them for their best discount. I have not tried a broker but would think they are about the same thing the only difference being is I like to see the guy at the Dealer when I decide.

I too have had fantastic results with internet buying through the fleet administrator, He cuts deals you wont believe and when you go down to see the vehicle it has always been as promised. No funny haggling, just a set price including tax, license, out the door. I like it, dont have to go through those sales games. Just for fun I got the price and then went to the same dealership and tried to negotiate with a sales person, never did reach the same price as the internet sales price. was $900 higher best deal done.

Internet sales manager...only way to go...

I live in Denver and know of HM Brown although I have not purchased a car from them. I will tell you that I am familiar with most car brokers here in town as I have talked to them about buying cars I have looked for in the past from Bimmers to specific Porsches.

The one thing that they seem to all have in common is that they buy a lot of their cars from auction, which I do not like. I think auction cars can be a bit more risky and being risk adverse, I buy CPO cars.

HM Brown has nice looking cars but when I talked to them about their cars, half of them were from auction with limited histories. If you know how a car is bought at auction, you know that the buyer has to inspect the car on site with no lift. I am a mechanical idiot and even I want my cars to be put up on a lift before I buy them.

Good luck