Car Quit Running

lexfourcam

well today i was drivin down the road and i turned into the neighborhood for the scenic route and my car just cut off outta no where. no loud noise or big bang. i knew it wasnt gas because i had put some in today. i was goin about 15 and the car just quit. it wont start up but i was able to get it back in my garage. wat happened???

Maybe the timing belt broke? How many miles? What year model is it?

If it was the timing belt, hopefully its not a 1998 or newer model.... that means big $$$$ to repair. If its a 1990-94, you are OK.... just change the belt. Still many debates if a 1995-97 are interference engines or not. Some say YES and some say NO.

Just a thought.

How did you get it back into your garage......did you have it towed back to your garage.......if the timing belt broke; you would not have been able to start it to get it back to the garage......

More specifics please ?????

Wont start.....does it still crank over.....be specific when describing problem......

yes they have both been replaced in the past 4 months but i took the plastic cover off of the crankshaft pulley and turned over the car and the belt wasnt movin and my neighbor is a mechanic and he said its the timing belt very unhappy at this moment

yes they have both been replaced in the past 4 months but i took the plastic cover off of the crankshaft pulley and turned over the car and the belt wasnt movin and my neighbor is a mechanic and he said its the timing belt very unhappy at this moment

At least it's not an interference engine. When you get it done, make sure you do the water pump and all pulleys and tensioners as well. If you don't, chances are that they won't last until your next belt change. If any of them sieze, there's goes your new belt and you'll be making another trip inside.