Alternative To Trade-in?

I currently have an a 2008 RX, but I'm thinking of getting the redesign 2010 RX when it comes out. Any suggestion of where to sale your vehicle when the market value of your vehicle is still 35-40K? I know if I was to trade in, it would worth 3-5K less, but when sell privately a vehicle that cost 35-40K, who has the cash to pay it up front these days? (I sold my last vehicle privately before, but it was only worth 6K, so people can manage it.)

Thanks.

I have sold many cars that were 20k+ (one was 34k). You might be surprised by the amount of people that have that much cash on hand or can secure it very quickly. I would recommend www.cars.com, that will reach a huge audience.

Matt

I currently have an a 2008 RX, but I'm thinking of getting the redesign 2010 RX when it comes out. Any suggestion of where to sale your vehicle when the market value of your vehicle is still 35-40K? I know if I was to trade in, it would worth 3-5K less, but when sell privately a vehicle that cost 35-40K, who has the cash to pay it up front these days? (I sold my last vehicle privately before, but it was only worth 6K, so people can manage it.)

Thanks.

I would also recommend CraigsList! You will be pleasantly surprised at the number of luxury vehicles listed on this site.

Good luck.

when sell privately a vehicle that cost 35-40K, who has the cash to pay it up front these days?

You might be surprised at how many people pay cash for new and used cars - even fairly expensive ones. If you price your RX well, you should have no trouble selling it.

Thanks.

I would also recommend CraigsList! You will be pleasantly surprised at the number of luxury vehicles listed on this site.

Good luck.

CraigsList is a great free site. I don't have experience with luxusry cars, but I did sell my 99 Honda Accord Coupe the day I put it on the site! I showed it to the guy on Saturday and Monday we met at the bank where we notarized the title and I got the Cashier's check! Awesome!!! Good luck with that!