Can Hids Be Bought And Installed At Dealerships?

Hi guys, I have a 2004 GS 300 stock with halogen headlamps and I was wondering if I could purchase stock HIDS from a dealership and have them installed? I figured that would be more reliable that buying an HID kit, does anyone know if this is possible and about how much it would cost? Thanks in advance guys (:

-Thomas

UM i dunno if u can do it at the dealership or not! i wouldn't do anything at the stealership unless i had to but thats just my personal opinion! i had a HID kit installed into my high beams and my fog lights by my stereo shop for like 65 bucks (i provided the kit they come off my old es300)! it was simple! never had a problem with it!

brian

they were a option? i thought they came standard? they also were NEVER available for the high beams from the factory!

i bought my kits off ebay from a guy named nissangtrpower (this is his ebay name u can search for him or try this link) his shipping is only a little high as your hid kits get 2nd day aired from japan to you! kits are great and with shipping will run u about 145 if u buy more than one he will cut u a deal if u ask him! check out his feedback!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ2...Znissangtrpower

i bought BOTH my kits for my 1993 es300 from him and when i bought the gs430 it turned out the same bulbs my es used work work for my fog lights and my high beams so i just swapped them over! he made me a great price on them as i actually ordered the 1st set then wanted a low kelvin (the lower the kelvin the brighter the hid) so i have 4300k in my fog lights and my high beams........my low beams factory i think are 8000k but i will eventually be changing the to the 4300k

brian

If you went to the dealer and asked for HID upgrades that would require new OEM lamps, wiring, bulbs, and ballast you'll be out $2000 easily... or you can buy one of those many aftermarket HID kits for about $100 and spend 10 minutes installing it yourself. There is a downside as far as the optics go but its nothing that saving $1900 couldn't make up for. I've used aftermarket HID kids that cost me $95 for my fogs and headlights without any issues... but if you're intent on spending a chunk of change I would go for projectors and retrofit them into my headlights which is a lot of work and money... but still cheaper than the dealership. just my .02

Thanks alot dj, thats the answer I was looking for. I've been looking into retrofitting.. but it is a bit pricey and I'd rather keep everything as OEM looking as possible. I'm just considering getting aftermarket HID's but I don't like the idea of having to change the bulbs every so often ): we'll see though. thanks again!

-Thomas

• 9 months later...
Thanks alot dj, thats the answer I was looking for. I've been looking into retrofitting.. but it is a bit pricey and I'd rather keep everything as OEM looking as possible. I'm just considering getting aftermarket HID's but I don't like the idea of having to change the bulbs every so often ): we'll see though. thanks again!

-Thomas

TumTum,

What did you end up doing?

I'm considering the same thing. Going to the dealer next week. I wonder how much the total is going to be?

I've had the same made in china HID kits without any issues for over a year now... I turn my lights on whenever I drive... i dunno why i just do.. and I do drive over 100miles 5 days a week.... I guess I've been lucky but I can also refer some decent vendors if you're interested that warranty everything for a year or two.

Yeah, I went to the dealer and it got to be expensive. I stopped the guy at $3200 and that didn't even include the wiring. The auto leveling motor was $933 per side. Ouch!

I'm going to look into some aftermarket HID kits. I could use some recommendations if anybody has any?

Thanks!

Yeah, I went to the dealer and it got to be expensive. I stopped the guy at $3200 and that didn't even include the wiring. The auto leveling motor was $933 per side. Ouch!

I'm going to look into some aftermarket HID kits. I could use some recommendations if anybody has any?

Thanks!

search old posts......there is a list. i get mine from my guy for like 130 next day aired from japan to me....any bulb,any temp