I Did It

Kanos

Well, I decided to take the lexus plunge. I went and saw a beautiful 1993 Lexus LS400. New brakes and tires just put on, tinted windows with 144,000 miles. Service done at 100,000. (timing belt). Got it for 4800$. Im so excited. Its alpine silver and gorgeous. I just hope I made the right decision. It has one flaw to it, and that is a tiny tiny spot that hasnt rusted yet but it is bubbling on the rear fender. I was just wondering how much do you think this would cost to get removed and repainted?

:)

Well, I decided to take the lexus plunge. I went and saw a beautiful 1993 Lexus LS400. New brakes and tires just put on, tinted windows with 144,000 miles. Service done at 100,000. (timing belt). Got it for 4800$. Im so excited. Its alpine silver and gorgeous. I just hope I made the right decision. It has one flaw to it, and that is a tiny tiny spot that hasnt rusted yet but it is bubbling on the rear fender. I was just wondering how much do you think this would cost to get removed and repainted?

:)

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. We like pictures. :)

As for the rust, you could have it repaired, but most shops (if they even do rust repair) will not give a warranty on the work because the repair does not last forever. Fixing it the right way would be expensive. It may just be better to live with it. If it was really noticeable you probably wouldn't have bought the car!

Well I dont really need warranty work, really i just want to get five years out of the patch up. Now, my dad is weary because normally when a car rusts it rusts on both sides. So he is worried that it got hit on that side and had a bad repair job and thats why it is bubbling right there. Is this a normal spot for rust on the 93's?

Well being that you are in Minnesota & can understand rust issues......take care of the rust now....it will last as long as you own the car.....

No rust here in Southern Cal...... :D

ARENT YOU COOL...ha that was just jealousy. I am going to fix it now, hopefully it will only cost about five hundred. Then she will be ALMOST mint.

There are disadvantages to Southern Cal......my bumpers needed repainted due to cracking......& leather seats dry out quickly in hot sun.....not as bad as the Phoenix area thou....

Good luck with your repair job.....& congrats on the purchase.....you wont regret it......these cars are bulletproof......242k miles on my 1992.....& when she is done....I will buy another......

Hopefully yours will last a long time......

This forum has excellent help on it.....& just weed out the bull*BLEEP*....

Jeff

I just had the rust taken care of on my 98 (very small spots both sides) $925.00 looks great now. they undercoated it and said it will last for years. I had it done on another care with great results!

That means one side should cost about what i thought. Im going to pick up the car right now!!

I just got it back, the rust was not even as bad as i thought. Im extatic about the purchase. She runs beautifully. Question sense I have the manual but im lazy, can you tell me how to turn the radar detector off. The thing is driving me crazy with the beeps. Also, all my windows work but from my control pad in the drivers seat it they will only go down not up. Am i missing something, or are my switches just bad. Another quick question, the gas guage doesnt really work. It will say empty when cold and when i drive it around it slowly goes up, what is the problem with this? One more question, The stock alarm is still on it. Do these alarms actually work?

Other than those it is beautiful. I will take some pictures tomorrow. Everything runs like a dream and works, other than the things i mentioned.

That's a very nice looking Lexus. But those windows look a little darker than Minnesota law permits. I got busted for that less than a week after I purchased my Lexus last summer.

Yeah I know this. I wish it was 25% or something. I will probably get busted and have to take it off but until then rock on. Ha ha.

The radar can well be a K40. If so, its control to turn on/off/adjust can be found in the middle armrest between drive/passenger or in the glove box. The radar unit is located somewhere near beneath the front bumper