Gas Lift Supports

kanlexus

They are inexpensive on the internet and eBay especially. I'm thinking I saw them for $25-35 per pair on eBay depending on the model and year. The trunk lifts are about double to triple that on eBay.

Ebay, agree.

They are inexpensive on the internet and eBay especially. I'm thinking I saw them for $25-35 per pair on eBay depending on the model and year. The trunk lifts are about double to triple that on eBay.

Ebay, agree.

What kind of quality do you get from Ebay? Are they going to be from China? I worry about Ebay stuff as you hear of so many clone parts which do not meet safety standards.

I am having the same trouble with my hood. Would this be covered under an extended warranty?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one on ebay (PartsAvenue) for my 2004 LS430. I was surprised how good the quality was espicially compared to the price the dealer was asking for.

The installation is fairly simple. it takes 10 minutes, BUT YOU DO NEED SOMEONE TO HOLD THE TRUNK FOR YOU :)

PartsAvenue did offer Lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects.

It is very important to note that even if you have "dead" hood struts they are still helping out quite a bit when you lift that hood. the side of the hood that you remove the strut from first will gain a lot of weight instantly, so make sure it's the side that's braced with whatever you're using to hold the hood open.

ideally a second person to hold the hood for you.

Ebay, agree.

What kind of quality do you get from Ebay? Are they going to be from China? I worry about Ebay stuff as you hear of so many clone parts which do not meet safety standards.

I am having the same trouble with my hood. Would this be covered under an extended warranty?

I agree with being concerned with the quality and oem specs. Out of spec lifts can create a bow in your hood as one thread was describing a while back. One online source has them at $30 a piece with a lifetime warranty:

http://autopartsbylou.com/lift-supports-pr...mp;x=18&y=9

I wouldn't buy anything for cheaper than that ........ even 30 ea sounds too low to me.

I guess it depends on how well you want them to work and how long you want them to last.