Customization Options

Which to opt for? I am about to have my one-month visit to Lexus and they will want to know which of the cust-options I want installed. Who has had experience, found some very useful, some you wish you had/hadn't changed. Any help would be appreciated.

I assume you purchased from either Wilkie or Chester Springs. What options did you get with the auto? Contact me by email and we can discuss this. Hal P.

Which to opt for? I am about to have my one-month visit to Lexus and they will want to know which of the cust-options I want installed. Who has had experience, found some very useful, some you wish you had/hadn't changed. Any help would be appreciated.

I assume you purchased from either Wilkie or Chester Springs. What options did you get with the auto? Contact me by email and we can discuss this. Hal P.

Thanks for your reply. It was Wilkie. A friend says I would enjoy the Chester Springs dealership more due to much less crowding. Do you agree? Actually, by options I meant the "customization settings" at the rear of the "Owner's Manual Quick Guide," the ones that allow you to change how the fob is used, what unlocks when, etc. I was just wondering whether some of these alterations which they will only do gratis on this first visit are found to be popular among owners, and which some wish they hadn't changed from default. Any insights? Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. It was Wilkie. A friend says I would enjoy the Chester Springs dealership more due to much less crowding. Do you agree? Actually, by options I meant the "customization settings" at the rear of the "Owner's Manual Quick Guide," the ones that allow you to change how the fob is used, what unlocks when, etc. I was just wondering whether some of these alterations which they will only do gratis on this first visit are found to be popular among owners, and which some wish they hadn't changed from default. Any insights? Thanks!

These are the items I changed. Iam pleased with these changes. Auto locking "on".Auto lock shift "off". I felt the other factory settings were OK. Hope this helps. Hal P.

I had the speed sensing seat belt chime turned off....I didn't want to hear it going from my mailbox to the house and there's still a light should I need "reminding".

- I had the headlights set to come on earlier at dusk (Level 1)

- I had the headlights set to go off imediately after I turn of the engine AND open the door (I don't need them on draining the battery for 30 sec in my lighted garage)

- I had the interior light go off 7.5 sec after I close the dooy (same reason)

- I had the speed sensing seat belt chime turned off too

These can be set or unset by any dealer. Most dealers should make repeated adjustments at no charge during the full warranty period.

• 4 weeks later...
- I had the headlights set to come on earlier at dusk (Level 1)

- I had the headlights set to go off imediately after I turn of the engine AND open the door (I don't need them on draining the battery for 30 sec in my lighted garage)

- I had the interior light go off 7.5 sec after I close the dooy (same reason)

- I had the speed sensing seat belt chime turned off too

These can be set or unset by any dealer. Most dealers should make repeated adjustments at no charge during the full warranty period.

IMO Lexus should make these features easy re-set by owners instead of dealer! :angry: