Turn Off Auto Telescope Tilt And Bypass Nav System 2004 Gs430

I'm new here. Would anyone help me how to turn off the auto telescope tilt when turn key ignition on/off?

and show me how to bypass the navigation system? I upgrade my Nav to gen 2&3 ver7.1 the other day, but need to bypass so I can use it while driving. Thanks a bunch if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Travis

I'm new here. Would anyone help me how to turn off the auto telescope tilt when turn key ignition on/off?

and show me how to bypass the navigation system? I upgrade my Nav to gen 2&3 ver7.1 the other day, but need to bypass so I can use it while driving. Thanks a bunch if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Travis

i actually like the tilt thing, i get people jocking the ride everytime i go to the car. hot summer days, i usually open the windows with the key as i am walking to the car then when i put the key in and eyes are like :o especially in the low class hoods. anyways, every time u take off the key the tilt should activate, but as soon as it does u just press the tilt button on the wheel and it stops it from going in. which obviously doesnt have to come out when u put the key IN. so thats one way. the rest, i dont know.

post-35275-1205541385_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Travis

I think the tilt thing can be changed by the dealer with their "C-best" settings.

I have thought about wiring a switch in to disable.... should be pretty easy..

BP

i went through this the other day........dealer doesn't recognize anything or any system with the name c-best/c-bert it just is not called this!! im not saying u cant do that but when i went to get my locks changed they and 3 other dealers had no recollection of c-best or c-bert! anyways 2white how the hell can u roll down your windows while u walking up? u add a after market alarm and that or is it factory?

i went through this the other day........dealer doesn't recognize anything or any system with the name c-best/c-bert it just is not called this!! im not saying u cant do that but when i went to get my locks changed they and 3 other dealers had no recollection of c-best or c-bert! anyways 2white how the hell can u roll down your windows while u walking up? u add a after market alarm and that or is it factory?

no its stock. you can do it too. go next to ur car and hold the unlock button :)

They are called LPS Personal settings. ;) Like this:

GS450h_LPS_PERSONAL_SETTINGS.pdf

They are called LPS Personal settings. ;) Like this:

I guess only dealer can change this setting huh?

omfg i love that 2white.......thats so freaking cool! i didnt know i could unroll my windows/open sunroof from the remote! is there a range on it?

lol ya mines pretty short i gotta be within 15 feet from the car. but its so cool when ur walking up to the car with a whole bunch of groceries and ur hands are full to open the doors and everyone wonders how this man is gonna go in his car but OH WAIT whats that? the windows opened as he got close to the car? wow he was able to put the bags in the car and open the door freely. they're like how does the car know you're coming? its funny, especially in low class neighborhoods. i tell em its a lexus baby

yeah but i live in Memphis..........people don't pay their bills and child support JUST so they can have a new lexus or mercedes sitting on 26"s so no1 here probably cares......i do though. wish i knew all the tips......i even went to a class lexus has for a new owners (3rd sat every month here) and i still didnt learn much cause it mainly aimed at new owners

omfg i love that 2white.......thats so freaking cool! i didnt know i could unroll my windows/open sunroof from the remote! is there a range on it?

lol ya mines pretty short i gotta be within 15 feet from the car. but its so cool when ur walking up to the car with a whole bunch of groceries and ur hands are full to open the doors and everyone wonders how this man is gonna go in his car but OH WAIT whats that? the windows opened as he got close to the car? wow he was able to put the bags in the car and open the door freely. they're like how does the car know you're coming? its funny, especially in low class neighborhoods. i tell em its a lexus baby

This function works on most remote cars, not just only Lexus. I have tried BMW and they all work the same way.

Hey, I just tried this on mine and it didn't work. I have a 02 gs430. Whats the trick?

Thanks