New Arrival 99 Ls400

carterjackson

My 96 LS400 has a new friend to play with! I just picked up a black 99 LS400. (It got the baptism of fire as I drove it home yesterday on the crosstown between Minneapolis and St. Paul at 5:00 p.m.. I guess if it can survive that traffic it can survive anything.) My son has been asking to buy my 96 LS400 for a while, and I always said if I could find a clean 99-2000 black on black LS400 with low miles I would let him have it. This one appears really clean and well maintained, which I was able to confirm, and it only has 60K actual! The bad news is I paid more than I wanted to ($15,400) because there was another buyer literally on the phone with the dealer while I "negotiated". My only issue, you guessed it, no numbers on the radio display!

Very nice. Dove one of those once and was impressed by the instant 'umph' directly off the line. I recall that one having someting messed up in the radio display too?

Just curious but is it the stock sound or does it have Nak? I wonder if there lights in the display can be screwed in and out or if they are soldered in. Anyone know?

I will try to shoot some pictures this weekend and post them. It has the stock stereo so I am thinking I can just remove it and send in for reburbishment. The stereo sounds great but it is a drag now knowing which station you are on. Also, it came with only one key so I had a spare made yesterday. $100 for a non-remote key!