Thank You All.. I Got It!

Ricko101

I wanted to take the time and thank all the members of this forum and especially all those who contributed to the "Buying Guide" and related postings.

This forum is extremely helpful and full of information. I will recommend it to others.

I was set on a 95-97 S500 or S420, but came across on what I think is a good deal.

'95 LS400 with 79,400 mile. Carfax certified. Always dealer serviced (with receipts on hand). New Michelin tires, new battery. $7,100. Souther California car all of it's life. Senior citizen owned. New power steering and hoses... Antenna... and 60k miles service; all done at dealer.

I could not pass it up! I just drove it home today. I must admit, it really is a nice car.

My wife will mostly use it, as I have a 01 BMW 740i Sport. But I'll be sure to take it out once in a while.

Now... It needs a CD player since this one does not have one....

Well, again, thank you very much!

No... in fact, as I took it home, I looked at the owner's manual to see where it would be: Front glove compartment and it is listed as an optional item... <_<
Yep, the glovebox changer was a $1,000 option for 1995. Congrats on your new rig! :cheers: It looks great, and I'm sure it will provide you with many years of faithful service. Has the ECU ever been changed?

No... in fact, as I took it home, I looked at the owner's manual to see where it would be: Front glove compartment and it is listed as an optional item... <_<
Yep, the glovebox changer was a $1,000 option for 1995. Congrats on your new rig! :cheers: It looks great, and I'm sure it will provide you with many years of faithful service. Has the ECU ever been changed?

I looked at the records, no ECU was changed... should I be worried?

I looked at the records, no ECU was changed... should I be worried?
Maybe, it depends on how it drives. It would be nice if it was already done, but let's hope you won't experience these problems in the first place! Take a look at this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...&hl=jerking

These problems creep up at differing mileages. Mine was replaced before 50,000 miles, while it seems like most people see the problems closer to 100k miles. Here's the TSB...

41.pdf

Its a beautiful car! How rare that a 95' LS does not have the optional CD player...... I thought that by 1995, it was standard on the LS's, but I am not that familiar with the 95+ models when it comes to options, etc.

Looks like you have a winner!

That's quite a good deal.

Man, I'd have to agree with that, considering I sold my 95' with 132k on the clock for $7,500 just a couple of months ago, and cost of living here in NC is far cheaper than out there in CA. Good deal amigo! You'll love the car, no doubt about it.