This may seem like a silly question but I am curious.

I have had my LS 460 (07) for about 4 months and I love it. However, even after perusing the manual I am unsure about the HDD. Do I have a hard drive in my dash? If so how do I go about loading it?

If you have navigation there is a HDD for voice commands and mapping. If you have mark levinson there is a HDD for music which is accessed through the navigation screen.

I have the Nav and the Mark Levinson. How do I get music stored on the Hard drive is my question?

If you have navigation there is a HDD for voice commands and mapping. If you have mark levinson there is a HDD for music which is accessed through the navigation screen.

I have the Nav and the Mark Levinson. How do I get music stored on the Hard drive is my question?

The same way you store music on your computer. You rip it from the cd. When you put a music cd in the player, there is an option to rip it to the hard drive. Thats the only way to transfer music to the hard drive. You can't transfer mp3 ow wmv files. It has to be ripped from a music cd.

• 7 months later...

The same way you store music on your computer. You rip it from the cd. When you put a music cd in the player, there is an option to rip it to the hard drive. Thats the only way to transfer music to the hard drive. You can't transfer mp3 ow wmv files. It has to be ripped from a music cd.

I checked with the dealer; they know nothing about how to delete the music in the HDD. Anyone know how? TIA

I checked with the dealer; they know nothing about how to delete the music in the HDD. Anyone know how? TIA

To store music on the HDD, after you insert a disc you must be in the audio screen. In the lower right hand corner of the screen you will see the "REC" button. Press that and you will come to the "select tracks" screen. You can select individual tracks or press the "Select All" button.

To remove tracks or albums you will need to be in the audio screen. Using the "Mode" button on your steering wheel or "disc/aux" on the radio face select HDD. In the upper right hand corner of the screen press the "Album List" button then select "Manage Albums". In that screen you can delete complete albums or edit albums.

Hope this helps.

• 7 months later...