Fog Light Kit

Mr. Raman

Hey, has anyone out there have any suggestions about wanting to put a fog light kit, factory legit one? I have a 94' LS400 and want to make this minor addition, if anybody has put this on their LS, let me know. thanks, Arvind

Hey, has anyone out there have any suggestions about wanting to put a fog light kit, factory legit one? I have a 94' LS400 and want to make this minor addition, if anybody has put this on their LS, let me know. thanks, Arvind

I believe, firmly so, that your '94 LS already has FACTORY LEGIT fog lights...

If you want to, or need to, make them fully functional you will have to revise the circuit somewhat because "as shipped" they can only be turned on with the low beams.

I did some research and found this fog light kit on a LS 400 in uk, and i was wondering if anyone knew where you could explore this option in the states?

link:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/us...exus_ls400.html

That is not a "fog light kit" you are seeing on the U.K. LS400 in that photo. Those are the factory installed fog lights in a completely different bumper that also has brake cooling ducts and headlight washers. The U.K. LS400 you see in the photo has H4 bulbs in the headlights with a dash mounted beam adjuster. The inner lights next to the headlights are high beams which work in conjunction with the high beams of the H4 bulb in the headlights. The headlights of the U.K. and Europe spec gen 1 LS400 had a Euro code beam pattern too which is similar to the beam pattern allowed by the DOT in the U.S. beginning in about 1994.

Headlights from the U.K. would work poorly as the cars are RHD. You would have to purchase all the parts from European where the LHD gen 1 LS400 was much rarer than was the RHD LS400 in the U.K. When I priced all the parts in 1990, it would have cost $thousands$ to do the conversion with new parts and it would have been difficult if not impossible to obtain and install the wiring harness and the dash mounted beam adjuster switch on a U.S. spec LS400.