My New 08' Black On Black Is 350

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a new car. I thought I was done buying brand new cars, but Lexus holds it value so well, that a used one only saves a couple thousand dollars!! So I figured for the money, I just as well get a new one instead! Plus, It's that time of year the dealership was really "helping" me out. They just kept giving away money. At one point, I was looking at an 07 with 7K miles on it for the exact same price another dealership was offering me an 08' for!! So, just as I was about to say yes, a black on black IS 350 was getting the wrapping paper taken off, and I said I'll take that one! It had 6 miles on it.

So, let me take a second to explain my disposition. I had a 2005 IS 300 with a ton of mods on it, including a turbo system. We had been talking about increasing the hp, and maybe making it a track only car. So I had somewhat of a problem. Why take my really nice car and make it a track only car, and get stuck driving the road warrior ( a 96 Nissan Sentra GXE) as a daily driver! Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Then came the ISF test drive at Moroso Speedway. they let us test drive on the race track, an IS 350, GS 350, LS 460, and the ISF. I expected the ISF to be everything it was, and it even surprised me and did better than that. But what I was shocked over was how well the IS 350 handled the track! I never expected that car to do well. And it did! I would say on the track, it held it's own very nicely. And I drove that car to the limits and even a bit beyond the tires traction abilities.

So, after thinking things over, and a few discussions I decided to put the 05' back to stock, sell it, then sell all the mods off, get the IS 350, and then buy an older, higher mileage IS 300 to put in the shop and tranform into a full out racecar. Which brings us to this.

These were taken at the dealership upon delivery:

post-42851-1204464543_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1204464563_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1204464579_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1204464598_thumb.jpg

And these were taken just the other day after I Zaino'd the car:

post-42851-1204464686_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1204464718_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1204464745_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1204464775_thumb.jpg

You see how the hood looks like it's hazed? That is the reflection from the clouds in the sky!

post-42851-1204464913_thumb.jpg

Iv'e actually had the car now for four weeks. It now has 1200 miles on it. Other than a few small things, I am really liking the new IS 350. Being able to disable the VDIM is pretty cool. I do that and change to the power mode and the attitude of the car really changes! There are some things I might add to the car and change around a bit later, but for the most part this car will be the family mover, and my back and fourth to work car. I drive about 30 miles each way to the shop, so, I have really come to enjoy this car.

Smooth, I am certainly happy for you and yours on the new lex B) Love the Blk on Blk (just a pain in the a$$ to keep nice and clean) But it is a joy to wash/wax etc... :cheers: