Roll Forward Or Roll Back Odometer?

Imzjustplayin

I was thinking of getting a new circuit board for my guage cluster on my '94 LS 400 and since I know this is where the mileage is kept, I wanted to know if there was a relatively easy way of beng able to roll back or rickroll the odometer. I want the car to properly display how many miles it has and if I get a second hand guage cluster, this won't be the case. Any help?

I was thinking of getting a new circuit board for my guage cluster on my '94 LS 400 and since I know this is where the mileage is kept, I wanted to know if there was a relatively easy way of beng able to roll back or rickroll the odometer. I want the car to properly display how many miles it has and if I get a second hand guage cluster, this won't be the case. Any help?

I wouldn't bother, just declare the correct overall mileage at sale.

I have the same problem with a 92 LS I have that I had to replace the intrument cluster (wrecking yard) speedo needle dark.

just make sure that some how tag or mark the new cluster at what the mileage was when you installed it on the dcar, and what it was at on the new guage when it was installed.
I'd rather just have the ability to roll forward or backward the odometer.

The manufacturers are going to great expense to make sure even the professionals (Jay Leno... :lol: ) can't do that so I doubt if us DIY's will be able to.

Google "odometer replacement sticker" and you will find a number of governmental websites that discuss the federal requirement to document the replacement of an odometer with a sticker attached to the driver's side door frame.

When my previous 1990 LS400 was rear ended in 1999, an insurance adjuster missed seeing the odometer replacement sticker on the door frame. I found out after the car was repaired that, if the adjuster had known the car's true mileage, the insurance company would have declared it a total loss.

Although my 90 LS was in otherwise beautiful, like-new condition at the time, it is hard for me to believe that an insurance adjuster could have missed seeing the sticker on the door frame and that he really believed that the car had covered only a few thousand miles over a ten year period. I'm glad I was not present during the adjuster's assessment since I would have certainly pointed out the car's true mileage.

I think 90-92 are all on the dash and 93+ are part of the cluster. mine is 91 and it is not digital and it is part of the dash.

That's correct. Mine is not working. I had the little motor out but can find no obvious problems. Do you think that little motor is bad?