New Shoes

dcfish

Just put new shoes on the GS, Sumitomo HTR+ I thought I would try a different brand other than Michelin. So far so good, They aren't noisy at all and corner very well and are very smooth. I'll keep a close eye on them and keep this thread updated.

Here is a look see@ the tire............

post-1634-1202214557_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1202214567_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1202214581_thumb.jpg

So how many miles did you end up getting out of those Pilot's? I like smooth, smooth is good! ;)

62K and they had about 5-7k left on them. I was very satisfied with the pilot sports.

So how many miles did you end up getting out of those Pilot's? I like smooth, smooth is good! ;)

62K and they had about 5-7k left on them. I was very satisfied with the pilot sports.

What kind of price difference between the two brands did you notice dc?

:cheers:

What kind of price difference between the two brands did you notice dc?

$388.00 out the door with lifetime rotate and balance with the HTR's, $525.00 with lifetime rotate and balance with the pilots. Same shop.

Very nice. :)

Yeah, I have been looking for a good tire for some time. I figured even if I get 40-50k on the HTR's and buy another set for $388.00 I would have new tires again and get 90k + for $776.00. Variety is the ride of life :whistles: :cheers:

Yeah, I have been looking for a good tire for some time. I figured even if I get 40-50k on the HTR's and buy another set for $388.00 I would have new tires again and get 90k + for $776.00. Variety is the ride of life :whistles: :cheers:

It snowed today about 2-3 in. The tires performed very well in acceleration and braking, Also did very well in the corners. The main streets are a sloppy wet surface, The HTR's handle quite nice on a cold wet surface. So far so good These tires are really growing on me. We'll see how they do down the road. B)

Yeah, I have been looking for a good tire for some time. I figured even if I get 40-50k on the HTR's and buy another set for $388.00 I would have new tires again and get 90k + for $776.00. Variety is the ride of life :whistles::cheers:

It snowed today about 2-3 in. The tires performed very well in acceleration and braking, Also did very well in the corners. The main streets are a sloppy wet surface, The HTR's handle quite nice on a cold wet surface. So far so good These tires are really growing on me. We'll see how they do down the road. B)

Update: It's -10 below 0 and the tires feel good, Not hard and the ride feels just fine. No flat spots after the car sits in the cold. So far I am a satisfied customer. I'll keep an eye on the wear factor. I do have lifetime rotate and balance and I will do that every 5k.

• 1 month later...

Well, So far so good, I went on a 900+ mile trip through snow and rain + dry roads and I am satisfied with the HTR's. Maybe there is a touch more road noise compared to the pilot sports, But not enough to annoy me. We'll see how they hold up if and when the heat comes.