Es350 Base Audio

maddkan

I have a base model 2007 model ES350.Not at all happy with the quality

Is is possible to replace the system with ML system or any high quality audio system

I dont see a reason why you couldnt, my guess is that if you just do the speakers you will

likely be ok. Mine has the base audio system and I think it sounds good other than the bass

causing the speakers to rattle. When i first got my car the CD changer stopped working

for about a month on an intermitten basis but latter started to work fine of coures when

it was at the dealer they could fine no problem. Also the vol control stopped working

on the unit itself but right now its working.

Good luck

Replacing the speakers with the factory ML system would be so expensive it wouldn't be worth it. You're better off to take the car to an aftermarket audio shop and have them install a system for you.

• 3 months later...

Take it from an old time car audio system competitor (IASCA), I have an 07 ES350, UL with Levinson and it is nothing like what you could put in aftermarket for the 3-4k you'd spend on the Levinson. I wouldn't have gotten the Levinson except that it's almost standard in the UL package and is so integrated with the NAV/Bluetooth etc. that unless you just have more money than you know what to do with, it doesn't make sense to tear it out. Don't get a factory Lexus system, go with aftermarket, good head unit, MB Quart speakers and a nice Subwoofer or tubes if you can afford the space in the trunk. You won't be disappointed. I could build a system for $2500 that would leave the Levinson in the dust, although alot of the integration would be gone, so I'll stay with it for now...sigh...Good luck!

Is is possible to replace the system with ML system or any high quality audio system

I dont see a reason why you couldnt, my guess is that if you just do the speakers you will

likely be ok. Mine has the base audio system and I think it sounds good other than the bass

causing the speakers to rattle. When i first got my car the CD changer stopped working

for about a month on an intermitten basis but latter started to work fine of coures when

it was at the dealer they could fine no problem. Also the vol control stopped working

Good luck

Ira D -

My CD player took 5 days for the dealership to discover the issue - a loose connection near the right front airbag - located in the support pillar of the door/windshield!

Take it from an old time car audio system competitor (IASCA), I have an 07 ES350, UL with Levinson and it is nothing like what you could put in aftermarket for the 3-4k you'd spend on the Levinson. I wouldn't have gotten the Levinson except that it's almost standard in the UL package and is so integrated with the NAV/Bluetooth etc. that unless you just have more money than you know what to do with, it doesn't make sense to tear it out. Don't get a factory Lexus system, go with aftermarket, good head unit, MB Quart speakers and a nice Subwoofer or tubes if you can afford the space in the trunk. You won't be disappointed. I could build a system for $2500 that would leave the Levinson in the dust, although alot of the integration would be gone, so I'll stay with it for now...sigh...Good luck!

ClayShooter -

Well said! The ML system is nice for factory, but aftermarket systems would leave it in the dust.

Good luck

Ira D -

My CD player took 5 days for the dealership to discover the issue - a loose connection near the right front airbag - located in the support pillar of the door/windshield!

Cool thing they found out what was wrong with it! Hopefully that will be it and no more issues with that.