Gonna Try Some Collinite...

Guys,

Just took advantage of 55 degree day in KC. Washed the LS and have put one coat of collinite 476s paste wax.

So excited about it I want to put another coat on after dinner...Should I wait till tommorrow am?

I did what you said about working 1/4 sections at a time - just buffed pretty much immediately after applying say.. 1/2 of the trunk lid... sections at a time.

I did already put a 2nd coat on the hood after I pulled the LS in the Garage at 5:30 pm. Thought I should get more feedback before applying next coat.

It's Looking GOOD :D

Well,

Got TWO coats of the 476s ALL OVER HER- AND its a beautifull thing!!!

She's been sitting in the garage for 5 days (used the wife's SEQUOIA over the holidays) - but the snow and ice have hit KC Area....

Tomorrow the SLUSH will be all over the LS -- at least I know I've got a great wax on to last the winter :D

Good deal! I just washed and waxed my black Mitsu Gallant with it today.

On another note, I went to Florida over last week and we went to the beach as well. The car got pretty dirty all told. After I got back I went to a self-serve car wash and sprayed her down (rinse/wash) good. Air dryed at about 80 mph for 5 miles B) then QD'ed her when I got home. The wax looks as good as right after I applied it. So far the 476 claim to resist detergents is holding true. :cheers:

Great news there. Steve. B)

I'm still a wee bit confused on some of the Collinite application instruction on this forum that seems to contradict the directions on the tin. Any comments on that anyone?

acf,

I didn't let it dry to haze as stated on the can. This helped the application of the first coat.

Now, for the second coat - I suppose I could have let it "haze" a little longer because it went on REALLY smooth - much easier than the first.

I think Steve recommended to wipe it off quickly so that's why I did it this way....

I did work about "half the trunk lid" at a time. Put on with sponge and buffed off with a MF Towel.

13 degrees and light snow this AM... I can see the flakes skidding across the polished hood :D

Actually the technique that I and the people that turned me onto the 476 use comes straight from a Collinite representative as an answer to the difficulty in removal when its dry. Do a small section and let it dry, then see how hard it is to remove. Its almost impossible...

Thats pretty common with products like these, one application technique works well in theory, but not in reality. Lots of sealants like Klasse and Zaino are famous for "official" application techniques that are needlessly difficult.

Its may slightly hinder its durability wiping it off still wet but it doesnt seem like it. If you want to be safe apply two coats, its still easier than removing just one when its allowed to dry.

Two things,

The Collinite guy told me both the 476s and the Insulator were basically IDENTICAL WAXES.... Just different additives to make one paste & one liquid.

Next - I LOVE THE SHINE I'VE HAD FOR 2 WEEKS :D Can't wait to give the LS a hand wash this weekend to see even more sparkle!

Thanks Guys :cheers:

Thats not at all what I was told, results from the independent wax test don't support that either. The 476 and the 915 are the same wax, they have a liquid Fleetwax which is 476 liquid. Sounds like that guy was a little confused...

All I can say is that I LOVE the #845 Insulator wax. It goes on easy, comes off easy, and provides an incredibly fantastic shine. I have always preferred liquids over pastes because they seem to work better. The very best thing I like is how it makes your car feel. That creamy smooth feel it gives the finish is so cool.

If you use #845, just remember to shake it very well as it seperates. Once I used Collinite, I never considered anything else again.

Ha! My wife does the same thing. She will be talking to me and I'm looking at the car (or other cars) and I "uh huh" her. This annoys her because she thinks I'm not listening. I can't help it! It's a guy thing I guess.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, I finally had a chance to use the collinite 476 double coat!

Our 470 had not been waxed all winter and I had a chance to wash and wax this weekend.

I applied the collinite and my wife followed with a microfiber.... anyway, I love this product! it did a great job on black, looks deep and has a glass smooth finish. The stuff even smells good. It went on and came off easy and did not leave a lot of white wax all over the truck.

:cheers: