New Members Car Pics

stirling

the kit was only 1k but i needed to replace some parts like BOV and wastegate so it starts to add up. in order to get it runnin smooth. especially figuring out feul control and stuff. im still breakin in and will boosting 5 pounds, than 6 or 7.

Oh, so you haven't even begun to tune it yet. Let us know how that goes and what your numbers end up being. Who did the turbo install?

dont you have the FIC smooth? hows yours working out and what did you tune the numbers and ratios to.

im gettin installed at Garage GT in san diego off of kearny villa. they've done all my turbo stuff and do everything engine. there really good and not too expensive, really reasonable.

Yeah, I'm running the new AEM fic as well. And I love it! It works better than any of the others Iv'e used in the past, and the tuning program is awsome. I'm still "fine" tuning, but overall everything has come out really nice. Once I figured out the plug heat range, and gaps, I now am going to get some coil boosters for a stronger spark. THen I'll be able to finish dialing in the tune from there.

can you throw out to me any round numbers for the base mapping, you know, just to get the car to start and running. since it is getting installed i was going to try to see if i could help out the guys installing it because they have not installed and tuned one on an IS yet. this way they can fine tune it later and there will be less hassle and guessing noww.

thanks

it started out as one, but now theres nut much left of it but the manifold, the piping, the intercooler, and possibly the turbo is getting swapped out,

In other words, don't buy the Ebay turbo kit.

• 3 weeks later...
true that smooth, true that

Im interested in possibly boosting my IS300 as well, so No on the ebay turbo kits I figured by what I just read from the start of this Post. where would be a good place to start then if not ebay to start piecing a turbo kit together for a reasonable price?

• 5 months later...