Error 003 On In Dash Changer

Nomezrx330

Has anyone come across an error 03 on the in dash changer? I recently started getting an error 3 but have no idea what it means. i had ejected a disc and then turned off the ignition. I think one of the discs may not be loaded properly, causing the whole unit not to function but any ideas would help.

Make sure all your cd's are the right side up in the changer as well as making sure that each slot can easily be removed from the casing. Just check over the entire changer and make sure that all components are inserted properly and can come easily in and out of the casing.

My CDs are stuck and CD player does not work, error 4 blinks in CD function. 2005 RX330: I have the standard 6 CD changer, no navigation system. The CD player will not eject, not play, advance, nothing. My warranty expired 8k miles ago. I spoke to service mgr, he said to bring it in. If it is broken, it will cost $650 to replace plus $150 labor...so a whopping $800 to fix/replace it! OMG! I went to Circuit City to get an iPOD adapter and was told that they do not have a compatible adapter YET for the 330s. I am writing a letter the dealer manager and sending a cc to Lexus headquarters.

Has anyone come across an error 03 on the in dash changer? I recently started getting an error 3 but have no idea what it means. i had ejected a disc and then turned off the ignition. I think one of the discs may not be loaded properly, causing the whole unit not to function but any ideas would help.

R

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what I did for my Error 3, I would try ejecting nothing would happen. I disconnected the battery and nothing. What I ended up doing was removing the deck myself, because lexus wanted 125 for removing and installing the deck back. And when i disconnected it, I decided to look at it, after taking off the top plate i could see all the cd's there and nothing seemed jammed.

I was ready to take the deck in to the dealer, but I have the nav screen and the heater would not work, so after having the unit unplugged for 2 hours, when i plugged it back in it started working. The unit may have reset, I did try to put it in ship mode as well not sure if that helped. But you can try that as well.