New Suspension Products

I know that some companies recently released new springs, sway bar kits (anti-roll bars), and a few other suspension products to help firm up the ride of the IS (IS250 w/o sport suspension option).

Has anybody purchased/installed any of these suspension mods?? Advise pleace..I NEED to kill this body roll!!

Cheers!!

I know that some companies recently released new springs, sway bar kits (anti-roll bars), and a few other suspension products to help firm up the ride of the IS (IS250 w/o sport suspension option).

Has anybody purchased/installed any of these suspension mods?? Advise pleace..I NEED to kill this body roll!!

Cheers!!

-------------

Does it need any further firmness?

I'm rather interested in making it much softer so it may keep nuts and bolts as well as interior parts intact.

You have an IS250 WITHOUT Sport Suspension and you want to make it softer?? WOW, id probably fall sleep if it were any softer. Perhaps you have sport suspension and didnt realize it? I wasnt aware it was offered on the IS250 until I bought mine and found out it was available by special order...I would have waited 90 days to order it.

Anybody else have any experience w/ suspension products that can help me?!!?

We've installed JIC Magic Coilovers on the IS250 last year.

We are planning to install Tom's or Jun Suspension braces and Sway Bars. Was promised prototype sway bars of Progress Technology but it's been over a year, so we are going to use Tom's or Jun's. Check out l-tuned website for good selection of IS parts.

Anyway, love the Coilovers, and took it to the track and tuned the coilovers to 9 clicks on the front and 7 clicks on Drivers Side Rear and 6 on Passenger Side Rear. (I weigh 220 and usually there is no passenger). But follow directions and tune for your taste.

Here is a pic of the car from SEMA Show this year. I have a video of the car at willow springs drifting if you're interested, I just don't know how to upload the video to the blog.

e-mail me and I will send it to you.

post-34003-1196227037_thumb.jpg

As far as I know the Hotchkis bars are the first available in the US, and they've only been available for about a week, so I doubt anyone has a review of em yet.

I did see some Jun-TW bars listed probably a month ago for the first time but not much info could be found in english on them at the time so it wouldn't surprise me if nobody here has those installed on anything yet either... L Tuned is similarly lacking in any details on the parts

I'm unaware of TOMS making any sway bars, just braces

I also suspect some folks are waiting to buy either until we get specs on the Lexus-branded bars that go on sale in March to see how they compare

If you can wait 5 months, lexus performance division is coming out with an entire line of products for both the IS250 and IS350. Some of the upgrades include, sway bars, lowering springs, performance struts, chasis braces, two big brake uprgrades, cluthces and a short shifter. It all looks like quality parts! try searching Lexus F performance parts under google.

Awesome..I just wonder what kind of rediculous prices Lexus will try to charge for them and how they will stand up against other manufacturers...

...any ideas???

I was at SEMA this year for the product introduction lexus was very hesitant to say the prices, I am sure they will be expensive but they come with a full warranty and wont void your factory warranty.

Awesome..I just wonder what kind of rediculous prices Lexus will try to charge for them and how they will stand up against other manufacturers...

...any ideas???

I was at SEMA this year for the product introduction lexus was very hesitant to say the prices, I am sure they will be expensive but they come with a full warranty and wont void your factory warranty.

Are you serious, it wont void the factory warranty and comes with, full warranty, well all I can say is :cheers:

They're likely going to require you to pay the insanely higher dealer labor cost for installation if you want full factory warranty on the parts. Otherwise you'll just get the parts warranty whatever the item comes with.

Ouch, but the full factory warranty is worth the price, just wish lexus would hurry and get sum suspension mods out, my IS 250 AWD has sum body lean that I want to get rid of.