Taking The Door Panels Off

Also, if your rattle is like mine was, and seems to actually be coming from the B-Pillar... don't bother taking the door panel off. Adjust the D shaped Catch in the B-Pillar. I had actually taken the door panel off, and can tell you how, but it was to no avail.

Once I adjusted the catch it stopped completly. You carefully pry off the plastic cover, and then use a LOT of torque with a star wrench to loosen the catch. I then screwed it back in, applying force towards the inside of the car on the catch as I tightened the bolts. This causes the door to be held tighter (microscopically - I can not notice ANY misalignment in my car) and stops the rattle.

Also, if your rattle is like mine was, and seems to actually be coming from the B-Pillar... don't bother taking the door panel off. Adjust the D shaped Catch in the B-Pillar. I had actually taken the door panel off, and can tell you how, but it was to no avail.

Once I adjusted the catch it stopped completly. You carefully pry off the plastic cover, and then use a LOT of torque with a star wrench to loosen the catch. I then screwed it back in, applying force towards the inside of the car on the catch as I tightened the bolts. This causes the door to be held tighter (microscopically - I can not notice ANY misalignment in my car) and stops the rattle.

where is the d catch? tell me how to get the door off. I really want to just to try and see if it helps

where is the d catch? tell me how to get the door off. I really want to just to try and see if it helps

It wont. Trust me and try the D Catch first. Its the ring that the door latch clips on to when you close the door.

If you open the door, and look at th "door jam" you see a metal ring that has a piece of plastic covering it. Take that plastic off, and it has two star bolts holding it on.

At any rate, to take the door off, you have to take off a series of screws, pull the handle off, take those screws out, pull out the wood trim (if your car has wood), take out mor screws, reach WAY up into the door while lying on your back to pry off some clips (its reallly hard), and of course disconnect the window and lock controls. Also, pull out the plastic molding holding in the tweeter. Its not in this order of course, but if you cannot identify what the D-Ring is, you probably do not want to pull off the door panel, as it is very easy to break, and probably really expensive.

I've read where other people also solved the problem by adjusting the door latch striker inward just a little.

Yep thats what I am referring to. I used bad nomenclature, I meant the striker, not D-Ring. Its good to hear others fixed their problem the same way. Its been about 15kmiles since I fixed it and it has not come back.

I've read where other people also solved the problem by adjusting the door latch striker inward just a little.

Yep thats what I am referring to. I used bad nomenclature, I meant the striker, not D-Ring. Its good to hear others fixed their problem the same way. Its been about 15kmiles since I fixed it and it has not come back.

Yeah. I've read at least 3 people that have done that with good results.