Sc 430 Cold Air Intake

Brian Shaw1

I would ask the good people at SRT if they make one that would work on your car...

http://www.swiftracing.com/vehicles/lexus/...ntake_gs400.htm

Thank you for your suggestion. My car is in storage for the winter but comes out next spring for full use. I bought it in June with 71K on it and will be using it as my daily commuter which will put 40K on annually for 3 years.

I have commuted using an Acura 3.5 Rl with proper maintenacne and Mobil 1 throughout, the major components run like new (now has 300k on it)

I will keep up the posts as my mileage increases, but this is a very stellar ride that I bought as it is a Toyota and is built like a tank. All the Consumer reports are "thumbs up"

Over time I will be looking to enhance the looks with a few performance mods and new wheels which I will use in the summer sending the factory ones for winter use.

Based on a number of member recommendations, the run flats will be tossed for non run flats when they wear out. The problems with grabbing pavement ruts also happens with my BMW Z4 and it is a 2 hands on situation.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for a cold air intake for my SC 430.

Has anyone got any suggetions where to look?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/...I24IS2095P.html

This is the one I prefer. Injen makes a very reliable product and this one gets about 13hp gain. I noticed it immediately after installing mine, especially right around 5000rpm or so. Sounds great, probably improves gas mileage a little too. Great upgrade. $233

• 5 years later...

Brian, I have a brand new in the box cold air intake system for a SC430. it comes with a polished pipe, all the required hoses and the air filer which is red and black..the reason i have it and it is brand new is because i had an SC300 and bought this thinking it would fit mine and it totally didnt lol. so ive been stuck with it and am more than willing to sell it. contact me and maybe we can set something up? Steven174@comcast.net

• 3 weeks later...

embarrassed.gif When are Lexus owners going to learn...You have a CAI from the factory...If you want to spend $ on intake You have to SC or Turbo...Mere electronics are not going to give improvements worth me typing...banghead.gif

embarrassed.gif When are Lexus owners going to learn...You have a CAI from the factory...If you want to spend $ on intake You have to SC or Turbo...Mere electronics are not going to give improvements worth me typing...banghead.gif

What "electronics" do you mean? I didn't realize CAI, are considered "electronics."

Dude, The only way you can increase the cold air is to trick the ECU which is 'Electronic" You can install a 24 inch intake and it won't make a difference if the ECU isn't modified...........These motors aren't a 1965 chevy..............

• 1 month later...

Dude, The only way you can increase the cold air is to trick the ECU which is 'Electronic" You can install a 24 inch intake and it won't make a difference if the ECU isn't modified...........These motors aren't a 1965 chevy..............

Dcfish, even though I sense a condescending tone in your previous posts, I will say that the high end CAI's have a port for the Mass Air Flow Sensor. The MAF sensor supplies info to the ECU which calculates the air/fuel mixture ratio in combination with information from the O2 sensor. Therefore a CAI that allows more airflow into the intake does supply information to change the ECU (which you stated must occur for a performance increase). So theoretically (and logically) as long as the pressure remains constant, any intake that has a greater amount of cold air entering the engine when compared to our OEM intake would lead to a change in performance, all be it probably a minimal change. And more specifically in my personal opinion, I would enjoy the more aggressive sound from the V8 Powerhouse that is common with the addition of the CAI (as indicated by many owners who've added the CAI).

For a more aggressive sound, Think Exhaust options :whistles: Air filter options and An SRT Intake....And I have no intentions of being condescending ;) Thank You

What "electronics" do you mean? I didn't realize CAI, are considered "electronics."

Well a CAI is coupled to the MAS sensor, Which in turn is coupled to the ECU.....Soooooo :whistles: