Door Panel Once More

Karl K

2001 RX300

I can't believe no one can help me.

I am trying to remove the drivers door panel. I am stuck with an open window.

I have all the screws and clips that I can find removed but right behind the inside door handle something is still holding it.

Is there a clip that I can't see?

I hope someone can help me with that.

Thanks,

Karl

2001 RX300

I can't believe no one can help me.

I am trying to remove the drivers door panel. I am stuck with an open window.

I have all the screws and clips that I can find removed but right behind the inside door handle something is still holding it.

Is there a clip that I can't see?

I hope someone can help me with that.

Thanks,

Karl

I fortunately haven't had to remove mine yet but my toyota has to be slid backward about a quarter of an inch to release.

There is a screw under the switch assembly, you have to pry the switch assembly up carefully. I suggest putting masking tape along the edge of the vinyl and using a very small flat blade screwdriver to pry the assemby out. I believe there are four clips holding it. Under the assembly there is a screw fastening the panel to the door frame.

Thanks Lenore for your reply.

The screw you mentioned is out but something is still holding it and it seems right behind the inside door handle.

The door handle assembly feels like it is screwed to the door or held there by a clip.

Karl

If it is the same as mine, there is a clip which will pop out if you place enough force on it. Sometimes they harden over time and will break before giving way. If yours breaks, just replace it with a replacement clip (usually found at your dealer or local parts house). I would not be afraid to muscle it a bit. Look it over really good one more time to make sure you have removed all screws etc. and give it some elbow grease to remove it. Try shifting the panel in an upwards or downwards motion.....I did that and it helped.

Thanks Guys for your input.

While working to get the door panel off the window stated working again, so, for now I am leaving it the way it is until it acts up again.

Thanks

Karl :cheers: