Emblem Removal Process For '94

blake918

I searched and had very little luck, so I was looking for a little more info on the emblem removal process especially for the emblem in the tail light. Does anyone know if there is an indentation in the tail light for the emblem located in it? By the way this is on a '94. I found in one post these steps:

1) Get a hairdyer and heat up the glue under the emblems

2) Get some dental floss or similar and work from one end of the emblem to the other.

It looks like there is some adheasive on the back of the gold emblems that I bought; does this need to be heated also? Are their any pins or place holders on the emblems, or do I need to mark their places some kind of way?

i heard that there is an indentation....the emblem is set into the tail-light.....i was gonna rip mine off...but found out i shouldn't....dunno why they couldnt have originally placed it on the upper trunk area.....i mean..how hard is that ;)

as for the other Q's i have no idea

no pins or place holders.just heat them and remove them with floss.the tail light one is tricky and i heard of people breaking there light trying to get it off so im not too sure about that one.

as for why they didnt put it on the trunk lid is simple.every year they had to change a little something to make it look different then the year before so guess what the 95 got?yes the emblem on the trunk lid.also changed the tail lights and some other stuff but for the most part they do it because nobody wants there new lexus to look the same as the year before or older. :D

really????i have read here before about this topic and never heard of pins holding the emblem in on the trunk and hood?i thought thats why you had to heat them and remove with floss?my mistake i might of misread someones post.

I feel like a horse's pa-toot for asking this :blushing: , but how do you break the tail light with dental floss and a little heat from a hair-dryer? Also, the kit I bought is for a 95 or 96, so where can I go to get them to gold plate the emblem in the tailight, or would Lexus just sell me the "ES300?"

you would have to go to a plater and have them do it right on the car to get the taillight one done

problem is the solution makes the red paint around the es 300 come off for some reason as it happened to mine

the floss is for the regualr emblems on thepaint

the tail one is epoxyed into the light and has to be pryed off

and it doesn't easily mine bole into peices as i took it off

dont'need to heat tehm up

just clean the surface with rubbing alcahol

and make sure you wax the gold ones first or they will pit real nice

and you have to keep doing this

also

see if the gold ones are clear coated

if not buy a can and give them atleast 3 good coats

and it will protect your investment