Cheapest Place For Rx400h Cabin Air Filter?

I bought a filter at NAPA for $15 - how do you replace it? Do you have to take the glove box out or something?

No, you don't have to take it out . . . but you DO have to 'LOWER' it down beyond where the glove box normally hits its 'stops'. By grabbing the inner left & right glove box sides, and pulling them inward, the stops will miss the area they'd normally rest against. That will let you pull the glove box WAY farthre open, exposing the cab air filter modular box, behind the glove box. Pull the filter out of the tray, and put the new one in. Take note that your new cab filter is designed to go in 'top side up'. With practice, the next time it'll take you a whopping 90 seconds.

BAM ! !

You just saved appx $75 compared to what the dealer normally charges for parts & labor for doing the same 'work'. :P

• 2 months later...

I always liked the 968. As a kid I loved the 944, and the better headlights on the 968 really updated the look. Nice car! Is it cabrio or hardtop?

Back to the air filter, I may try leaving a window cracked. It's obvious that NOT doing that is creating a stinky science experiment in the freaking filter.

Better late than never. I just ran across your question, W@nton.

I have a black 968 cabriolet with gray leather interior, 36K miles, and near showroom condition. I love the car and may never sell it unless I luck into a cheap (LOL) yellow 911 Turbo Cabriolet.

Tom

Someone, have you looked at the active ingredients in Total Hygiene to see if it can be duplicated with another product?

Tom

Active ingredient(s) (anti-microbials) may not be available "over-the-counter" in the US...

Keep in mind that you and your's will be breathing the fumes from this for a long time.

Understood. Keep in mind that the U.K. (where we found the anti mold/stink aerosol) is as strict, if not stricter than our F.D.A. when it comes to licensing products used around people. Remember just a few years ago, the U.S. licensing 'Celebrex' ? . . . the wonder pain killer? A few months later, U.S. citizens are dropping like flys from heart attacks. In the U.S. unfortunately, money all too frequently, gets products/chemicles to market, regardless. Anywho, it's been over 1/2 year, and our 400h's cabin still doesn't smell like a stinky foot locker anymore. So we're happy.