Coolant

spyshot

i am needing to add a little bit of coolant to the overflow of my 02 is. and i noticed that it is red. i found on this forum that it is red because it is the toyota long life coolant. my question is this: is this the same as havoline dex cool? i called my local napa and the guy there said that it is compatible. do i want to use that? and can i mix it with what i already have (assuming i have the toyota stuff).

if not i will get the coolant from a dealership, it's just that there isnt a toyota or lexus dealer very close by.

thanks!!

adam

So long as it meets or exceeds both ASTM D 3306 and ASTM D4985 your good. If I'm not mistaken, Prestone makes a coolant that is specifically for any color coolant. Make sure you get some deionized/distilled water to mix it with. Don't use tap water.I would keep it at a 60/40 mix with you being in Ohio.

i am needing to add a little bit of coolant to the overflow of my 02 is. and i noticed that it is red. i found on this forum that it is red because it is the toyota long life coolant. my question is this: is this the same as havoline dex cool? i called my local napa and the guy there said that it is compatible. do i want to use that? and can i mix it with what i already have (assuming i have the toyota stuff).

if not i will get the coolant from a dealership, it's just that there isnt a toyota or lexus dealer very close by.

thanks!!

adam

I'd avoid using Dex-Cool, I've seen that stuff turn into mud in my chevy blazer, if you're not toing to to use the toyota stuff, the prestone works fine.