92-ls400, Oil Light Comes On At Spped Of 75mph Or More

jimmys

Hi

When I cruise at over 70mph the oil light on dash comes on. I have to slow down then it will go away. If I drive at 70 or less then it won't come on. I have changed oil sender sensor near oil filter but no fix. Any suggestions. thanks

If you are referring to the oil level light (amber) and not the oil pressure light (red), I had a similar problem when cruising at high speed. The oil on the dipstick was just below 1/2 way between the two marks so I added a little bit of fresh oil and have not seen the light since. The sender that is mounted near the filter is the oil pressure switch. The sender for the oil level sensor is on the other side of the engine.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

If you are referring to the oil level light (amber) and not the oil pressure light (red), I had a similar problem when cruising at high speed. The oil on the dipstick was just below 1/2 way between the two marks so I added a little bit of fresh oil and have not seen the light since. The sender that is mounted near the filter is the oil pressure switch. The sender for the oil level sensor is on the other side of the engine.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

its the red light. It happens even I have fresh oil change and level is where should be. I use pezoil 5-30 oil. any other suggestion.

You should check the oil pressure with a manual gauge. I suspect a bad oil sending unit. If it were your oil pump, you would have no engine by this time. An oil starved engine would seize quickly.

CPR

Thanks for advice. Is there any kit for this or how can I check the oil pressure.