Maf Replacement Didnt Work... Now What?!?

jpkRE

I was told by the dealer that the MAF sensor on my car was bad, they wanted to charge me 1200 to replace it so I did it myself. the part was 350 from advanced auto for a rebuilt. I replaced it but the same problem happened. (i get the car started drive it for a little bit.. maybe 2 miles... and the car stops when I stop at a light or the rpms drop low, when I try to restart the car it just keep cranking but never turns over.) The dealer told me earlier that if the MAF didnt work then the ecm may need to be replaced, has this happened to anyone else? what do i do?

let me know if there is anything I am leaving out that may help in diagnosing the problem.

Thanks,

James

Was there or is there presently a check engine light on?

I am not familiar with the sc300 but check out "ES300 Starts ,then Dies" post. Could very possible be the IAC Valve. Very similer symtoms.

When you say that it stops and you try to start it again, it just cranks and not start. Are you giving it a little gas when you try to start? If you are not giving it gas, try starting it by pressing the accelerator a bit and see if it starts and then stops when you let off the gas. If this happens, follow the cure in that post. Good luck and let us know what happens.

• 1 month later...

i went through the same problem with 92 ls400 last week changed maf did'nt do any good so was just standing there and heard my fuel pump relay triggering while engines running, so thought just to take it out and check was good then i hooked up fuel pressure guage and left it runnin for few, every time my engine hasitated fuel presure went down, pulled out the f.pump turned out was bad replaced with new( runs like a champ ever since).