How Many Gs Owners Had To Replace Cat Converter?

JUST TRYING TO GET A POLL HERE. HOW MANY GS OWNERS IN THIS FORUM HAD TO REPLACE CATALYTIC CONVERTER?

DEALER WANTS $1500 TO REPLACE ONE CAT. IF I REPLACE BOTH IT WILL BE $3000 :cries: :cries:

MY CATALYTIC CONVERTER WENT AT 86K.....I LOVE THIS CAR AND DON'T WANT TO GET RID OF IT.. SO JUST TRYING TO FINDOUT IF ANY OTHER COMMON MAJOR REPAIRS ANYONE EXPERIENCED HERE? THANKS GUYS :cheers:

JUST TRYING TO GET A POLL HERE. HOW MANY GS OWNERS IN THIS FORUM HAD TO REPLACE CATALYTIC CONVERTER?

DEALER WANTS $1500 TO REPLACE ONE CAT. IF I REPLACE BOTH IT WILL BE $3000 :cries::cries:

MY CATALYTIC CONVERTER WENT AT 86K.....I LOVE THIS CAR AND DON'T WANT TO GET RID OF IT.. SO JUST TRYING TO FINDOUT IF ANY OTHER COMMON MAJOR REPAIRS ANYONE EXPERIENCED HERE? THANKS GUYS :cheers:

my cat went on my 98 gs and i drove with it like that for 50k miles i dont understand what the problem is screw payin 3 grand

i just got headers and y-pipe. eliminated the cats completely and got performance. installed O2 simulators and no Check Engine Lights either. all for under $400.

hey carbon where did u purchase these parts from and does ur car soung loud or annoying without the cats???

I have 1999 Lexus GS300 and its been making a rattling noise so I went to a local muffler shop and the guy told that peices from my cat converter had broken off and were ratteling around in my pipes. He told me it's going to cost around $2000 to fix and that it will only get worse with time. Is there anyway around this. Please reply if there is.

DEALER WANTS $1500 TO REPLACE ONE CAT. IF I REPLACE BOTH IT WILL BE $3000 :cries::cries:

• 3 weeks later...
i just got headers and y-pipe. eliminated the cats completely and got performance. installed O2 simulators and no Check Engine Lights either. all for under $400.

Hey what's up man! I also live in Atlanta! Looking to upgrade my exhaust, can you PLEASE tell me where did U go to get your work done at????

Thank you in advance for your time & help in this matter Sir!

Also can email info to: theluvfoundation@yahoo.com

Lexus4Life!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey whatsup just wondering if you could give me some details on that. i been tryingto do it for the longest

Hey people, I had the same mod done on my GS3 when I had it. The GS3 cats are in the headers, so when you remove the headers you remove the cats. The headers I had were OBX; you can use most aftermarket IS300 headers (same motor) but when I comes to the down pipe, the GS's is longer than the IS one. I used SIMS (simulators) and I didn't have any check engine lights or anything.

There are a few places in Atlanta that can do this kind of work. Just let me know what part of town you're in and I can give you some info on that. I have a GS430 now, and I think I need to get one of my cats replaced too (the 3rd one).

• 2 weeks later...
Hey people, I had the same mod done on my GS3 when I had it. The GS3 cats are in the headers, so when you remove the headers you remove the cats. The headers I had were OBX; you can use most aftermarket IS300 headers (same motor) but when I comes to the down pipe, the GS's is longer than the IS one. I used SIMS (simulators) and I didn't have any check engine lights or anything.

There are a few places in Atlanta that can do this kind of work. Just let me know what part of town you're in and I can give you some info on that. I have a GS430 now, and I think I need to get one of my cats replaced too (the 3rd one).

when can we get the O2 simulator i have to for emission inspection next week thanks in Advance

• 2 weeks later...

I live in loganville and need to get my GS300 done could you please give me the address. Thanks in advance .

• 2 months later...

Wont O2 simulators destroy gas mileage. Thats why the sensors are there, to adjust the gas air ratio. Once I did this on my maxima, my mpg went from 15-20 all the way to 9-10.

Wont it be easier to find a junk yard with a low mile GS and buy the headers with the cats?

The pre-cat O2 sensors remain in place, and they control air-fuel ratio. The post cat sensors monitor the condition of the cat, and if there isn't one, they'll pop a code. The sim produces a signal mimicking that of a properly functioning cat. Fuel mileage will be the same, no codes, but emissions will skyrocket. If like me, you believe anthropogenic global warming is a myth wrapped in bad science, then all is OK. If you believe that cars will kill us all by emissions, then removing the cats shouldn't be an option.

• 1 year later...

I live in loganville and need to get my GS300 done could you please give me the address. Thanks in advance .

hey I live in Atlanta and want to get the same done Where did he send you?

• 3 weeks later...

hey I live in Atlanta and want to get the same done Where did he send you?

Seafoam ur car.. made my check engine for the car go away