Faded Clear Coat

I recently bought a used IS350 and there was a small patch near the door handle what seem like some patch work had been done to repair either scratchs or a dent. Anyway, that particular area is not glossy like the rest of the car. It probably needs a clear coat. I first tried clear coating can spay from my local auto part store and no luck. It still looks dull and clear coat actually made it worst. Is this something I can fix myself with another type of clear coat or should I go to body shop or detailer? It's a small area but annoying cause I see it everyday since it's right there near the driver's side handle.

You'll need to wet sand it and the surrounding area real good. That should help "blend" the repair area. Then I would have the whole area, plus, re-clear coated.

Now that you've spray painted it take it to a body shop, it will probably have to be repainted. Don't ever do that.

It was probably just a severely marred spot that could have been buffed out.

Yeah. I just came back from a body shop just buffed out the paint for free. It's better now. I'll just wax it a little to bring out more shine. Thanks for all your inputs.

This is why we ask for a photograph, it’s far easier to analysis a problem by seeing it as opposed to guessing from a worded description (plus we like to see photos of your car LOL)

I'll post pictures later. The faded part was hard to see and now ever harder since it's barely visible now.