Toyota/lexus Ipod Adapter

i'm an LS430 guy and have been waiting anxiously like everyone else. aftermarkets with the same capability have been around for ipod and generic players for at least a year if not more. it seems VAIS has the best track record and others have said that NEO, DICE, and USA-SPEC are just repackaged VAIS' anyway (some with reliability issues or fewer capabilities). eitherway, they all range from $200-$300 which i think is just too damn much for an integration kit. but what do you expect from a guy who could only afford a previously owned lexus?

a universal standard would be nice though. so whether i have ipod or rca mp3 player, controls from steering/nav AND charging by the car is the ideal option. if they were really are in the passionate pursuit, they'll create and ability to synch the player to headunit and give us the greater capability to search, manage and play our music. as the o'jays' song goes, "gotta give the people what they want."

be cool.

I think I'll wait until an aftermarket unit comes along at something less than the inflated $300 Toyota price.

Tom

Err, your wait for the cheeper device (about half the factory cost) ended quite a while back :P

http://diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration4.htm

Here's a few pic's of the aftermarket device installed on Lexus, Toyota, etc. And it works great, and it only takes 30 minutes for a numbskul like me to install.

Enjoy

Toyota/Lexus released a factory iPod adapter for all Toyota/Lexus vehicles this week. $300.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/toyota-re...cars-296286.php

There's an update to the article... apparently this story applies to UK only. Scions have been able to do it because they use Pioneer as their Head Unit of choice. Too bad, They should just start making cars with these. USA Spec is supposed to coming out with one this fall specifically for Lexus' with navi's

I think I'll wait until an aftermarket unit comes along at something less than the inflated $300 Toyota price.

Tom

Err, your wait for the cheeper device (about half the factory cost) ended quite a while back :P

http://diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration4.htm

Here's a few pic's of the aftermarket device installed on Lexus, Toyota, etc. And it works great, and it only takes 30 minutes for a numbskul like me to install.

Enjoy

For those o you out there with an '01 LS430 with the in-dash 6 disc changer, the Dice will NOT work...do not waste your money. There is mis-information on their site. Also 2 of their sales agents said it would work. I called back in and one of their techs confirmed that it would NOT work for my car. I thought I had found a deal...for those out there that are lucky enough for the Dice to work, you are lucky...still looking here.

For those o you out there with an '01 LS430 with the in-dash 6 disc changer, the Dice will NOT work...do not waste your money. There is mis-information on their site. Also 2 of their sales agents said it would work. I called back in and one of their techs confirmed that it would NOT work for my car. I thought I had found a deal...for those out there that are lucky enough for the Dice to work, you are lucky...still looking here.

Welcome to the forum damon. Not surprised the dice wouldn't work for you. Your car's 7 model years old, and I think they're designed for newer cars ... say, no older than 4 or 5 years. Since this is the hybrid forum that you've drilled down into, the oldest model you'd likely find being talked about here, would be no older than 3 model years ('06 - 07' - 08' ... btw, anyone here even own an '08 yet?). Kinda curious though, what the web site info was, that you feel was misinformation. Maybe a link would be helpful?

Welcome to the forum damon. Not surprised the dice wouldn't work for you. Your car's 7 model years old, and I think they're designed for newer cars ... say, no older than 4 or 5 years. Since this is the hybrid forum that you've drilled down into, the oldest model you'd likely find being talked about here, would be no older than 3 model years ('06 - 07' - 08' ... btw, anyone here even own an '08 yet?). Kinda curious though, what the web site info was, that you feel was misinformation. Maybe a link would be helpful?

Please see my post here http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=41153 I just received the vehicle, transitioned from a 2007 ES350 Ultra lux.

• 1 month later...

Hi//

Just picked up my 08 400h a few weeks ago. Amazing machine. Had the dealer install a VAIS iPod adapter. Works perfectly. Everything is displayed and can be controlled from the navigation Display. Got it from Enfig Car Stereo on the Internet.

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/stor...SL2I_LEXUS.html

$225. This is the second iPod interface I've bought from them. Good folks. Christian really knows his stuff. Said that VAIS only makes gear for Lexus.

Fenton House

Please see my post here http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=41153 I just received the vehicle, transitioned from a 2007 ES350 Ultra lux.

No offense, but... what is an ES350 Ultra Lux? Is it an option available on all ES350's, the Ultra Lux?

:D

• 4 months later...