? Regarding Speedo/odometer In 07' Is250

same boat ... live in Ottawa buying in USA to save $$$$.

I mentioned in a different post that I am looking into changing my instrument cluster for resale purposes- ie. it might be a smoother sale when I sell if the cluster is a canadian Kms. Otherwise I don't think its a real problem for me. A car salesman who is a friend told me to call one of his auction contacts about changing them. They must only be done by certain people (i was told) because of warranty etc. Local lexus dealer told me not to switch it! So you can read the inner numbers and convert you miles to kms for servicing, and they don't have the feature of pushing a button to convert.. to bad!

yep you do pay tax and duty. Its worth it for a quality Japanese car.

MSRP Ottawa $54,950 MSRP USA 40,555

2 grand and some change for duty is fine by me I will have the 14 grand on sticker!

so GST and duty at the border and then PST when you put plates on it.

What border crossing are you thinking of going through? Some crossings only have 1 agent who can process or none at all so it can be a long wait.

Guys, montrealer here who just got his car in from Florida last friday (i can send pics if you want).

I would SERIOUSLY recommend, using a car broker who will take care of it all for you.

In general they take a few grand as a fee lets call it 2-3K, but in general they have business relationships with dealers in the states and get get a way better price then u can. So the service almost pays for itself, and they are pros at dealing with red tape and all the forms and paperwork.

If you have called around the dealerships in the US, you'll know that as soon as they hear that you are canadian they will refuse to sell to you.

They are restricted form doing so by LEXUS USA. Unless you know someone who is willing to risk their dealership for you, they generally will not sell direct.

Brokers have relationships that spare you the trouble. I tired buying myself and no one would even quote me a price when they hear ur a canuk.

In my case i saved around 11k on the "web price" when speccing the car out, a buddy of mine saved over 13K, cause his car had more features (he took the AWD with Navi, I wanted the Manual with Sport).

Anyways if you have any questions about the process, you can message me on this thing, but I would really recommend finding a dealer.

The APA has tons of ressources and they can put u in contact with a broker who does the importing.

peace,

schitzo1978

PS guages and temps are all in Miles and Ferenheight, do not convert, u will void warranty, just leave as is. It;s kinda cool to have it taht way anyways. If you want a switchable guage buy a cadillac CTS. You and grandpa will be able to tell stories how you can change ur units on your cadillacs. hahahha