Help On 01 Ls430

hammann007

Hello All,

I am a new member and I am thinking of buying a 2001 LS430 for long term use. I have a concern about the air suspension that came with the ultra pkg. Is it possible to swap the air suspension to a regular suspension? Also, any advice on what to look for on the 01 LS would be much appreciated.

Thanks

If I were you I would not buy one with air suspension unless it is new or with less than 10,000 miles on it. Secondly I personally would not buy a 2001 model, unless it had very low miles. That is the model year that has the most TSB's from its generation. I would buy a 1998-2000 2002-2003 2005-6 and so far the 2007 seems to be ok also. I know some people will critizice me but it is my honest opinion and it is well documented in the TSB's. Even the 2001 and 2004 are reliable, but they came with some problems the others did not have and as everyone knows when it is time to pay for parts and repairs they are not cheap, even as they are extremely well made to last longer than expected from other brands.

CPR