Dash Rattles

Drove the car out to Palm Springs today, and the dash was rattling like crazy. I couldn't pinpoint where it was, and of course my husband couldn't hear it at all, being the deaf guy he is. It sounded like a loose screw just rattling away back there. Even when I got off the freeway, I still heard it. I'm afraid to tell Lexus about this, because they'll tell me they won't hear it, and they'll most likely take apart my dash. Okay, I'm just venting...........

I used to have this annoying rattle in my Civic that I swore was coming from the dash. I later found out, by accident, that it was actually the passenger seat and that moving it on its tracks a little eliminated the rattle. Point is, it can be very hard to pinpoint the location of a rattle.

True, some rattles could happen because of something like cofee cup or water bottle or even a CD that vibrates/moves inside their places. However, the 2nd Gen IS has intrinisc design flaw in its dashboard material and it expands then does something with the windshield. Most of the problems come from this dashboard. I think if an IS does not rattle it's purely a matter of luck.

True, some rattles could happen because of something like cofee cup or water bottle or even a CD that vibrates/moves inside their places. However, the 2nd Gen IS has intrinisc design flaw in its dashboard material and it expands then does something with the windshield. Most of the problems come from this dashboard. I think if an IS does not rattle it's purely a matter of luck.

LMAO!!! I so totally agree....... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Drove the car out to Palm Springs today, and the dash was rattling like crazy. I couldn't pinpoint where it was, and of course my husband couldn't hear it at all, being the deaf guy he is. It sounded like a loose screw just rattling away back there. Even when I got off the freeway, I still heard it. I'm afraid to tell Lexus about this, because they'll tell me they won't hear it, and they'll most likely take apart my dash. Okay, I'm just venting...........

I had those buzzling noise coming out underneath the dashboard on my 250. My friend that drove a Toyota told me it is a sparkle sound from a broken circuit!!. It happened to her car before. I now think it make sense because my cigarrete light output doesn't work out of sudden. I will bring it to dealer tomorrow.

I had those buzzling noise coming out underneath the dashboard on my 250. My friend that drove a Toyota told me it is a sparkle sound from a broken circuit!!. It happened to her car before. I now think it make sense because my cigarrete light output doesn't work out of sudden. I will bring it to dealer tomorrow.

Please let's know the outcome.

I had my 250 checked twice-one time left with them for three days- and the rattle disappeared for one-two days but resurfaced again. I don't think it's a broken circuit sparkle; it's a rather material/design issue. I am thinking of a nother dealership to check it and if they don't fix it and forever I'll be bitterly drop off FOREVER Lexus from my car list even if the problem is in the service technicians.